Maf question

You betcha there is a huge difference between stock maf that was not that reliable back in 86 or 87 and certainly questionable today. The difference between the lt1 maf and the ls1 maf I believe is one is 3" diameter and the ls1 is 3.5" in diameter. You must run a maf translator for either one. Why? Because the ecm speed for our vehicles is super slow as compared to modern pcm's of today. Unless you have a 100 % stock and a show car--the Oem maf is not recommended for any upgrades in performance or reliability. I run a ls1 maf with translator and you can adjust different engine operating perimeters by using the translator. I don't mess with it but one could if needed. Somebody else can chime in and give you their opinion. Dp

You can find LS1 MAF's all over eBay...I picked one up with the aluminum housing after a few weeks of searches, for about $45 shipped. Note that if you go with the LS1, with it's 3.5" diameter, you'll need to re-think your intake piping and connections to install it. I'm planning for a 4" K & N filter connecting to the LS1 with 3.5"-to-4" reducing coupler, then the other side will be a 3.5" intake pipe up to the turbo inlet with a 3.5"-to-3" reducing coupler. An LT1 MAF will fit more easily as it retains the stock 3" diameter throughout, excluding the air filter.

The LS1 Sensor is harder to package, and the LT1 sensor isn't a restriction into the 10's.
I ran a stock maf into the 10s,the ls1 is good into the 9s. Nice stealth setup you have there for stock appearing