maf overheated?

BriHorse

GO TIGERS!
I think I overheated my LS1 maf. Car always runs great, always idles great. I was at a car cruise (car crawl actually) bumper to bumper slow creep speeds. I did two small burnouts. Just enough to get the tires to make noise then I let off. It was more about the turbo spooling and making noise than the tires making noise. About 5 minutes after that my car sputtered and stalled. Of course I was on a slight incline so I couldn't push my car off the road. After numerous cranks it finally started and I was able to feather the throttle enough to get it into the next parking lot. It acted just like when my stock maf took a puke. I popped the hood and my maf was extemely hot. The translator box was not hot, just the maf itself. My coolant temps were in the 170's. I think the act of spooling the turbo up a couple of times and then not getting any air into the motor to cool off the turbo by sitting there idling in traffic made the maf screw up. I let the car cool off for about 20 minutes and then it started right up and drove perfect on my 50 mile drive home.