MAF idle values seem low!!!

Way2QWK

Turbo Spooled by CORN
I have the LS1 3 1/2 sensor w/ translater. My idle values are usually from 3-5 points. Is this to low. Could the sensor be bad?

Not likely the MAF is bad, they're damn near bullet proof.

You never mentioned what chip you're runnning.

I had the same thing. I just noticed with the LT1 3" MAF and extender chip. It runs at 2 idle. I tried different base MAF settings with the translator plus but it did not seem to change it. Really no complaints, the car has run better than ever, but I thought the readings should be a bit higher. Does the LT1 with extender usually run at these numbers. My car idles pretty good at most of the base settings for the different types of MAF sensor.

Dave, you gave me the tuning advice on the T+ :cool: . I am going to get with the tuning tomorrow, I might get my TB/Plenum back today with less than one week turnaround! I went to put the Power plate on and thought I might as well have the CNC bore and powdercoat while it was off :) .

my 3'' LT1 MAF and T+ reads about 5-6 at idle, with a trasher 92 chip, that's pretty much dead on right?

My point was, with the extender chip in place, you will see about half normal values, from idle to WOT.

Things read normal with any other chip.

Way2QWK, which chip?

I guess I knew the twice stuff, but not the specifics, thanks. So my 2 at idle is ok, and I will check the WOT number, I guess it will be a max. of 255/2=127.

Way2QWK, wasn't trying to get your answer, but there is some good info here, and I was having similar numbers. Maybe this is of some help already.