MAF Filtering In Chip?

hawkfan

I thought I would post this here to get the attention of one of the TR chip gurus. I have part throttle compressor surge with my current setup. Looking at my PL logs, I can see how the surge is wreaking havoc on the MAF signal and injector duty cycle. I was wondering if a chip can be programmed to filter the MAF signal during compressor surge so the fueling doesn't go crazy? It wouldn't 'cure' the surge but would at least lessen the symptoms by smoothing the MAF signal.

There are a couple issues with that.
One, the code that processes the MAF signal resides in the ECM's rom, not the chip. That's not the end of the world, because there are things we can do in the chip before the airflow reading is used for fuel. However, extra logic takes up space we don't really have in the chip.
Both Bob and I have worked with filtering and modifying airflow signal and injector pulsewidth for things like this. But it's difficult to construct something that encompasses all driving situations, and still make it fit onto the chip.

Speed density alleviates some of the problem, but also moving the MAF to after the turbo (in the up-pipe before the throttle body) can make an improvement also. The surge is still there, but it doesn't affect the fueling as much.

Eric