Machine shop south chicago for stocker 3.8 or 4.1

alec296

Is there anyplace locally can build a built proof 3.8 or 4.1 stocker
someone who knows what they are doing?

there's a guy in the NW suburbs that does Buicks. Precision Engine and Machine in Sleepy Hollow.

there are a few good machine shops in the south suburbs ....contact Turboburick on this board.

If you want bulletproof....DLS in wheatfield Indiana

A bad "tuner" is a good builders nightmare...remember that!

Words of wisdom, from a wisemen! I like this statement Jasson. This is so true. I thought 4.1, and 3.8 are not Bullet proof. Does not Hp to flywheel play a part on these blocks?

Words of wisdom, from a wisemen! I like this statement Jasson. This is so true. I thought 4.1, and 3.8 are not Bullet proof. Does not Hp to flywheel play a part on these blocks?

Yep, there is no such thing as bullet proof. The closest thing to that is stage II and they are not bullet proof either. Things breaks when you think that way.

There are allot of things to be factored in. It's not always power that breaks it. Something as stupid as a cheap oil filter can ruin your motor. Specially if your trying to push high viscosity oil through it. Something most people never think of when using them. Even though they been advised they still use the cheapest filter available. A big no no.

Finding a builder who knows what he's doing is important. Even more important is a educated end user.

Yep, there is no such thing as bullet proof. The closest thing to that is stage II and they are not bullet proof either. Things breaks when you think that way.

There are allot of things to be factored in. It's not always power that breaks it. Something as stupid as a cheap oil filter can ruin your motor. Specially if your trying to push high viscosity oil through it. Something most people never think of when using them. Even though they been advised they still use the cheapest filter available. A big no no.

Finding a builder who knows what he's doing is important. Even more important is a educated end user.

I already new this for I was trying to be kind, and get better words from some pro's on here. Thanks TurboBuRick. There is always catostrophic failure. If that was the case, I am sure Top Fuel, and Funny cars would never have to be serviced in the pits. Plus it's all in the tune, as well. Please correct me. I always like to learn.

tough crowd in here......

the man asked where to get a correctly built shortblock that wont kill itself....A bad tune can kill ANY engine in ANY car....a buick is nothing special.

it would have been different if he said " im looking for a bulletproof shortblock that can withstand the fact that my thumbwheel chip has the settings worn off , my Translator speaks jive and i will do ANYTHING to be the fastest car in school on 87 octane"

even a kevlar vest wont save your life if you put your legs through the holes and pull it up like panties.

Brian at Speed Service. He is more south but good. Just takes a while. Bill at Buillt rite in Lombard . I never had a buick engine done by him but when I was there picking a Pont 455 there was a bunch of stage 2 engines ready to be picked up. He wants to do my engine.I dont know . I was going to talk to Lonnie about doing my engine and trans when Im ready. Hes a little more east.LOL

tough crowd in here......

the man asked where to get a correctly built shortblock that wont kill itself....A bad tune can kill ANY engine in ANY car....a buick is nothing special.

it would have been different if he said " im looking for a bulletproof shortblock that can withstand the fact that my thumbwheel chip has the settings worn off , my Translator speaks jive and i will do ANYTHING to be the fastest car in school on 87 octane"

even a kevlar vest wont save your life if you put your legs through the holes and pull it up like panties.

I understand that much,but it was not being tough, was a question? ;) I hope he finds a good place,and from talking to other people, some of these places have a good rep.

I would say Speed svc and talked to Brian773-545-1616. He has done stage motors that ran in the mid 8's to 109 blocks that ran into the 9's with consistency. He may take a while to the job but he knows what he is doing. He'll also work with what you have unlike other builders especially one that's not too far from us will say everything you have is junk and he will try to make you buy all of his parts. Brians pricing is very fair. He just finished up three Stage II motors for us and we have three more stage II motors there getting done along with few 109 blocks. If you want to quick and some what stock build then I would take it toWindy City Eng. 773-254-8113 talk to Darrel. They also have done several Buick engines for us and they are holding up pretty well so far.
HTH
Prasad