Macbook Air vs Macbook PRO

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Looking at the base 13" macbook air and the 13" macbook pro retina. I like the lightweight and long battery life of the AIR but the retina pro is more powerfull. My current macbook has a 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo 4gb 1067 mhz ddr3. I see the AIR has less GHZ. will I notice the difference. Most of my work is word processing and internet including streaming videos. NO GAMES

This is no help but I use Ubuntu 14.10 right now. It's a free Linux based OS to download. Has a default firewall program. Does not need antivirus or a malware program. You show no footprint online just your IP address. Gibson Research's website has a Shields Up program to test the ports on your computer. Ubuntu OS's are stealth and can't be seen. Windows OS are junk and once you get used to a Linux OS you'll wonder why you didn't switch sooner.

Turbodetroit. If you are referring to dvd drive. The macbook pro retinas no longer have disc drives. Both air and pro use flash instead of standard hard drive.

Turbodetroit. If you are referring to dvd drive. The macbook pro retinas no longer have disc drives. Both air and pro use flash instead of standard hard drive.

Wow I didn't know that. When I bought my pro, I overlooked the air because I still like to burn CDs and it didn't have the DVD drive.... Really like my pro btw!

I have a 15" pro with retina display. No DVD. It's great. I didn't thing the air was powerful enough. Without the DVD mine is super light and powerful.

I support quite a few of these workstations at work. Your computing needs dictate you would buy an Air. There is a quite a cost jump to the pro machines. The air's seem to last almost as long as tablets on battery power. If you have any little ones or other family members using the computer I'll warn you that the displays can be quite fragile. I'm not sure I'd buy an AIR without apple care.

At home just surfing though, it's all iPad. Save some bucks and use your old machine for word processing, and use an ipad for internet.