m5 alky and razors kit?

I have been running it so that's why I was asking. My buddy with a dsm has a snow kit and a was going to give him some but he said he couldn't use the m5 because it was bad on the seals. So I just wanted to double check on here for my car.

I don't have data but the consensus is to use the M1

The M5 has an additive that one is not needed for your purpose and two... Could contain petroleum which is harmful for the pump.

Straight methanol is what you want doesn't matter the brand.

The tech sheet says it's not 100% methenol but doesn't say if it has petroleum lubricants. If Julio says M1 then stay with it.:smile:

Most of the racing methanol's are 99.9%

Th3 M3 and M5 have a splash of an additive. That may be of advantage to someone who burns it straight.. Like Donnie. For our purposes with pump gas, stick with the M1.

If I was out and had a race to attend.. went to my supplier and all he had was M5.. it would be hard to say no to it. If it shortens the life of the pump.. its racing and it is what it is.

I guess what i'm trying to say is.. Dont go out of your way for it thinking it will create something wonderful. Call VP Fuels tech and talk with them. They too wont recommend it.

m-5

I'm fixing to get a razor system soon Got lots of m-5 in Hawaii(Big Island) haven't found some one with the M-1 yet what would be my next best choice?

I'm fixing to get a razor system soon Got lots of m-5 in Hawaii(Big Island) haven't found some one with the M-1 yet what would be my next best choice?

Why do they import the M5? And not the M1? Being the M5 is more of an exotic alcohol.

Wonder if there are any chemical distributors you can call. Stay away from the denatured alcohol on the island.. that stuff is tough on pumps. Dont ask :redface:

If I had a choice between M5 or Denatured.. i'd choose the M5 and take my chances with that.

I don't have data but the consensus is to use the M1

The M5 has an additive that one is not needed for your purpose and two... Could contain petroleum which is harmful for the pump.

Straight methanol is what you want doesn't matter the brand.

+1. Stick with M1 and only M1. Already been there, done that.

B