LT1 < LC2

So I am a member of several import enthusiast forums on the FB, and every now and then I get on there to see where they're gonna meet up so I can roll out there for a good ol' fashioned Pub stomp. Well, There was a meet up with a bunch of cars going cruisin to some restaurant for a car show or whatever. So, I get there and start fishing around to see who may wanna play. So, out of a sea of imports, a 94 Firebird T/A wants to race me. He says hes got a catback, cold air intake and a short throw shifter (making it a stick car.... my favorite treat. :p )

We get going, and We are just cruisin 55-60mph and he comes flying up next to me. He drops down into whatever lower gear, and thats my que for game on. I drop the hammer, and the 225/60/15s on the rear light up and spin for what seemed like an eternity. Funny thing is, while I was spinning and going almost every which way but straight, I look over and hes WOT and just staying there not gaining any ground. So I throttle off, let the 225s stop spinning and roll into it easy, then I was puttin easy cars on him. Talked to him at the car show, and now he's got the "I need to buy parts and destroy the GN that destroyed me!" bug.... :p Cool guy, not-so-cool race.... Need suspension and sticky tires.... >_>

Good kill, what's your mods? It would take a lot for an LT1 to out run a well running stock Tb

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good kill, what's your mods? It would take a lot for an LT1 to out run a well running stock Tb

You think so? Stock to stock?? My basically stock lt1 ran 13.6 @101

My basically stock GN dipped into the 12s...so yeah that would bust dat a$$ all day :)

12's bone stock. That's pretty impressive. Must have been great conditions.

I've seen a stock injector GN, cutout, pump 93 and thumbwheel chip run 12.97 with a not great sixty.
Middle of summer, not greatest conditions at all...

Time for some DRs. ;)
Nice kill. Thanks for posting.

12's bone stock. That's pretty impressive. Must have been great conditions.

Stock turbo, intercooler, injectors, trans, suspension, heads, cam....

Basically a cone filter, 3" thdp hollowed cat, stock adj waste gate...

110 octane, 20psi, and some good drs...

My 87 T. Runs 8.40's in the 1/8 with pipes exhaust no cat a k/n filter in the stock air box . A Bailey commander chip at 17 psi with 16 inch wheels with Kumho tires..... It a overwhelmingly a great running car.

I ran 8.4 in 1/8 with cone K&N,gutted cat,20psi and stock chip and some 110 oct, ran 8.81 all stock

All my car had was fuel pump, dr's. , alky, airfilter, 3" thdp. 22 pounds boost, dumped exhaust, and chip from like it came brand new oh and a scanmaster and I ran 12.5 at 110 mph 2.0 sixty ft. At 20 lbs. of boost 1.7 60 ft. 12.5 at 108 mph

All my car had was fuel pump, dr's. , alky, airfilter, 3" thdp. 22 pounds boost, dumped exhaust, and chip from like it came brand new oh and a scanmaster and I ran 12.5 at 110 mph 2.0 sixty ft. At 20 lbs. of boost 1.7 60 ft. 12.5 at 108 mph

Thats cool and all, but Im not a fan of alky - at all.... What chip were you running? Also, what kind of DRs did you have on? On regular radial tires I went the 12.20@114 with a 2.2 60ft.... do you have suspension mods as well?

Thats cool and all, but Im not a fan of alky - at all.... What chip were you running? Also, what kind of DRs did you have on? On regular radial tires I went the 12.20@114 with a 2.2 60ft.... do you have suspension mods as well?
Why are you not a fan of alky that's highly unusual. That's the best mod on a tr in my opinion

Alky is the way to go! I ran an 11.65 @115 with pump gas and 93 with bolt ons and only headwork

Why are you not a fan of alky that's highly unusual. That's the best mod on a tr in my opinion

1 more part to maintain/fill/potentially break at a critical moment. If I need more octane there's at least 4 stations locally that carry 100 unleaded if I need to bump up the boost for whatever reason. I run 93 oct on 21 psi boost at the moment and see zero knock till 4th gear - and even then its only .3 -.6* max so it may be false who knows. 600+ dollar alky kit could instead be suspension/tire mods to hook better, a fmic, a nicer turbo, a nicer fuel system. I mean, I get it - some people like that thing Im just not a fan. Its sure a helluvah lot more justifiable to throw one of those alky kits on your car VS a BOV, but as they say - different strokes for different folks...
Alky is the way to go! I ran an 11.65 @115 with pump gas and 93 with bolt ons and only headwork

Soooooo Im 1MPH slower in the 1/4 mile on just 93 NO alky. 600 bucks doesnt justify 1mph imo - I'll just leave it in D instead of O/D and get a better launch/60ft. than a 2.2 60ft. Pass on alky.... Money will be put twards a sticky tire and more suspension mods. I am on a college student budget as well so I understand that all too well :)

Unless you have the exact same setup I do its an irrelevant argument. (I can't see signatures on mobile)
That, and I'm pretty sure there is more left in the combo

Unless you have the exact same setup I do its an irrelevant argument. (I can't see signatures on mobile)
That, and I'm pretty sure there is more left in the combo
TE-62 turbo, 218/212webber racing cam, stock ported heads, RJC boost controller, deatschwerks 300lph pump hotwired, MSD Wires, 42.5lb injectors, cold air intake, 3IN exhaust, Ported aluminum intake, MAF Translator with LT1 MAF, Full Throttle Extendor chip, PTS extreme tranny with 2800 9X11convt, 3inDP & FMIC. Ive got quite a bit left :)