LSX 6 bolt head options

turbodave231

Building a 427 using an LSX block (4.125 x 4.000). Already have the block Callies crank, Howard Rods, Diamond pistons. Looking to make 1000 RWHP.

I need to choose the heads. GMPP makes 2 versions of 6 bolt heads: LS3 and LS7, both are square port heads with slightly different port config. I need to stay right around 70cc combustion chamber size

I have ruled out the GMPP Race versions of the LSX head.....too much $ and needs expensive valvetrain parts. Plus I've heard about casting problems on these heads too.

Are there any other choices? If not, what are the advantages/disadvantages of the two choices above?

With those hp needs and watching the budget I would consider the TFS 245 cylinder head. It comes in 6 bolt versions and has performed well.

Kurt

With those hp needs and watching the budget I would consider the TFS 245 cylinder head. It comes in 6 bolt versions and has performed well.

Kurt

Stop the presses!!!! he LSX god himself Mr. Kurt Urban is IN THE HOUSE!!! :eek:

Welcome.... :cool:

Dave, these heads have been in the 7's and are a real nice piece. Give Kurt a call if you need the hook up. He is a great guy to deal with.

Ted

Trick Flow 245s are a cheaper alternative and still give you the 6 bolts.

Also, check out All-Pro - they have several to choose from. We went with a new casting from All-Pro and had them CNC ported by West Coast Cylinder Heads. Rich does excellent work.

Kurt

Kurt,

I am very glad to see that you have joined.
In advance, I would like to thank you for sharing your wealth of knowledge.

Best regards,

Welcome Kurt.

I have no experience with the newer generations of LS motors, but I look forward to seeing this build, turbodave.