LS7 dyno numbers

Dusty Bradford

There's a new toy in the garage. A 2006 Z06. I just put it on the dyno today with HP tuners scanning it check out the tune. I bought it from a board member who happens to own a very nice dealership in Dublin OH:)

I appears it has a cam with stock heads and intake. Kook's longtube headers and full Corsa exhaust. It made 508rwhp at 6700 rpm. It's feels very strong for a daily driver. The tune is safe with the a/f in the 12.0-12.2 range and timing a little over factory setting.

There's a new toy in the garage. A 2006 Z06. I just put it on the dyno today with HP tuners scanning it check out the tune. I bought it from a board member who happens to own a very nice dealership in Dublin OH:)

I appears it has a cam with stock heads and intake. Kook's longtube headers and full Corsa exhaust. It made 508rwhp at 6700 rpm. It's feels very strong for a daily driver. The tune is safe with the a/f in the 12.0-12.2 range and timing a little over factory setting.

You gained 100+ HP over stock from a tune, headers and Corsa exhaust? Am I missing something?

You gained 100+ HP over stock from a tune, headers and Corsa exhaust? Am I missing something?

This car has a cam but I'm not sure of the specs. Stock rwhp is usually 430-450 so it's up 60-70hp from stock. With the a/f being so rich I feel it will pick up another 15 or more by cleaning the tune up. I think it will make around 520 with a better tune. Since it's only 3400# with a driver I'm sure it will trap over 130.

Dusty Bradford said:
This car has a cam but I'm not sure of the specs. Stock rwhp is usually 430-450 so it's up 60-70hp from stock. With the a/f being so rich I feel it will pick up another 15 or more by cleaning the tune up. I think it will make around 520 with a better tune. Since it's only 3400# with a driver I'm sure it will trap over 130.

In good air the average I saw on a dynojet was in the low 450's. With the air filter removed it went to high 450's. 500whp 3400lb weight makes a really fun car. It stops and handles better than it accelerates.

In good air the average I saw on a dynojet was in the low 450's. With the air filter removed it went to high 450's. 500whp 3400lb weight makes a really fun car. It stops and handles better than it accelerates.

There's a lateral g meter on the heads up display. I've had it to .7 on an interstate ramp and I ran out of courage. I don't know how it stays on the road at 1g. lol

Well a blower will work as well, and certainly understand about getting the Buick back to the track first. Gotta get mine tuned and back out as well.

Dusty Bradford said:
There's a lateral g meter on the heads up display. I've had it to .7 on an interstate ramp and I ran out of courage. I don't know how it stays on the road at 1g. lol

With a fresh set of factory tires on smooth concrete I'd bet it would hold 1.1g without skidding at all. That would be about equivalent to 3800lbs of side force! With a set of road race tires on a skid pad I'd bet 1.2+ wouldnt be out of question.

With a fresh set of factory tires on smooth concrete I'd bet it would hold 1.1g without skidding at all. That would be about equivalent to 3800lbs of side force! With a set of road race tires on a skid pad I'd bet 1.2+ wouldnt be out of question.
:eek:

Dusty Bradford said:

I've seen completely stock ones run 123-125 out the back so 130 should be easy even with your current rich tune.

They are fun cars. my 2009 z06 made 454 rwhp stock. I got the heads cnc ported, custom isky cam .658 lift , prc .660 springs and gutted the cats and got a tune, it made 554 rwhp with the stock exhaust and air cleaner.

Very nice. Local guy has an 06 z06 and just swapped his heads for some cnc and milled heads with a custom grind cam made 620 but they think they headers are holding it back so hes going with 2" over the 1 7/8 he has now. looking to make 650 with the new headers and final tune. The car has 13.5:1 on e85 with meth.

Last year I had to fix someone else's mods on a 08 zo6 when the bottom end went south. Had comp 267/660 cam, kooks headers/exhaust, FAST 102 intake and headwork. Car was taken to PCM of NC wher after tuning it made 587rwhp.First two gears practically useless with the nitto invos that were on it.