LS1 front brakes???

JUSTA3.8V6

Hey guys, I am planning on doing the LS1 F body front brake swap, I have the brackets for stock modified spindles ordered and the rotors and calipers. What i am wondering is how i use the stock spindles w the F body rotors when the stock rotors have the lugs and wheel bearing sealed in them. The F body rotors just slide onto the hub. Am i missing something? Do i need to order some other special parts? Any help is appreciated!

You use a stock rotor and use only the Hub section of the rotor.

You remove the studs from the hub and replace with longer studs.

You cut off a certain amount off of the stock spindle and tap the holes for bigger bolts.

You use LS1 Rotors, Calipers, Brake Pads and Abutment bracket.

You order the bracket from FlynBye or Kore3 that will mount the Abutment bracket to the stock Spindle.

The Stock Hub goes onto the spindle using stock wheel bearings/races.

The Ls1 rotor goes in onto the Hub.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You can drill a few holes around the rotor where it meets the Hub then wack it a few times with a hammer to brake the rotor from the hub.

Put the Hub on a brake lathe to clean up the Hub.

so david, what youre saying is i have to basically lathe the brake rotor part off of the hub assembly and then just put the F body rotor over it? Am i understanding this correctly?

Exactly.;) Flynbye (Ed) has the parts if you want to buy them. There is 1 vendor that also offers them I believe.

So fly n bye sell machined hubs for this purpose? I didn't see them on the website.

Sent from my HTCONE using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Ed sells them on his site. Look up either the G body or S-10 brake upgrades and you need to go the one of the last pages.

so david, what youre saying is i have to basically lathe the brake rotor part off of the hub assembly and then just put the F body rotor over it? Am i understanding this correctly?

That is correct. That is the reason why you use longer wheel studs to compensate for the LS1 rotor going over it. As Charlie mentioned, you can also purchase Hubs already sealed with longer wheel studs ready to go.

Thanks, went online and purchased the hubs off fly n bye last night. Good to go now.

How far does this offset the wheels? [I saw .330/side mentioned??]
I have a pair of nasty rotors, that I may try this with...This mod, along w/ the hyrdaboost, should be a good addition to control the added POWA!!
:Do_O

I think the offset is marginal. I'd say at most it pushes the wheels out 1/4". I already had 8mm spacers on mine w gnx wheels so it should turn out perfect.

It is about a 1/4" the wheel gets pushed out. Some things to consider are; how low the car is , offset, width of wheels being used ,tire size and body mounts and body to frame alignment. Just precautions not absolute problems.

Measure the thickness of the rotor and report back Chuck.;) Since 1/4" is .250 it would only be .08 difference but that might be just what you need.