LS1 Brakes

Yes, but you have to use an adapter plate. It's easier to find the parts to convert to a corvette rear disc set up.

I wanna do the corvette brakes all the way around but a little tight on money. Heard the LS brakes were cheaper. But if I could find the c5/c6 calipers for a good price I'll do it.

I wanna do the corvette brakes all the way around but a little tight on money. Heard the LS brakes were cheaper. But if I could find the c5/c6 calipers for a good price I'll do it.
The 4th gen F body 12" dual caliper pistons will mount on the C5 brake bracket and vice versa. I did a 4th gen rear disc conversion on my rear and it's fairly simple. As far as the fronts go, if you so a blazer knuckle conversion you can get the brackets or all the parts from Ed at Flynbye, He doesn't do the 12" rotor F body set up but he does to the 13" vette rotor and parts.

while it could be done, you probably don't want to use the LS1 front brakes on the rear end... but there is no reason why you couldn't use the LS1 rear brakes on the rear end of your car with a little fabrication (mostly just cutting/drilling the backing plate mounting flange and spacing it out so the caliper bracket is centered over the rotor)..
the fronts go on with a little bit of cutting/grinding/drilling/tapping on the spindle and making your stock rotors into hubs that the rotors slide over. i have a thread from about a year ago when i put LS1 front brakes on the front of my 86 Camaro, which uses a spindle that is a variation on the G body spindle...

So all I need to do is get the f body calipers and the vette bracket. And get a pair of 13" rotors and that should set me up for the front and back. Novaderrik I was gonna use the f body rear set up for the rear, but I like the way the front calipers look better then the rear.

So all I need to do is get the f body calipers and the vette bracket. And get a pair of 13" rotors and that should set me up for the front and back. Novaderrik I was gonna use the f body rear set up for the rear, but I like the way the front calipers look better then the rear.
Yes, the 4th gen F body calipers and the C5 vette calipers have the same mounting on the bracket so they interchange. You can use the F body calipers on a vette and vice versa. This is only for the fronts though. The bracket has different mounting points between the Vette and the F body. The bolts that hold the F body bracket in place is spaced wider than the vette.

Thanks for the info and all the help really appreciate it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app