lS1 Brakes In Rear What Rims Fit?

89drivin87

Goin' Fast With Class
Bought this car about 2 months ago and cant find any wheels out there that will fit besides the set that is on it. From what the previous owner told me was that it has Ls1 or AKA Camaro brakes in the front and rear.Front i really dont care because i like the wheels that are on it, but when i go to the track i got no traction.I have SLP ZR1 wheels which are 17x8 i believe. Ive done a little research on camaro wheels but am a little unsure on what fits.I know a 16 in wheel will fit but backspacing and a wheel that will clear the big caliper is my problem.

I know everbody is going to tell me to put DR's on the SLP's, but because i drive the car alot i would rather keep some tires with some tread.I would like a set of rears with either the hoosier slicks or the m/t radials that are for 16 wheels.Any Info would be GREAT!!!

T-Type wheels fit? What year? im not fimiliar with them.Ive got GTA wheels and they hit the caliper.

T-Type wheels fit? What year? im not fimiliar with them.Ive got GTA wheels and they hit the caliper.

some GTA's hit the face of the caliper, but not the Outer Diameter of the caliper.

A very small shim of 1/8" or so may be enough to allow GTA's to fit.

Unless the brakes are 13", T-type wheels should fit, too.

you must be trying to put "rears" on the rear, which is bad offset for these cars to bigin with. see if one of your "fronts" gta wheels will clear rear caliper.

I tried both front and rear GTA wheels and as far as i could tell it wasnt close. It hit the caliper before the studs could even come thru.

I dont think they are 13".The GTA's cleared the outer diameter but hit the face of the caliper.i think if i would put a spacer i would need longer studs.

I tried both front and rear GTA wheels and as far as i could tell it wasnt close. It hit the caliper before the studs could even come thru.

I dont think they are 13".The GTA's cleared the outer diameter but hit the face of the caliper.i think if i would put a spacer i would need longer studs.

It shouldn't take too much of a spacer unless the calipers are goofy.

The calipers would need to be 1.5" higher than the lug face of the rotor to do what you are describing, in which case you need Wheel adapters off Ebay and run GTA rears in the rear.

Ive been trying to work on the car but bigger issues have come up. Tomorrow i will have till to mess with it and hopefully have some good results!
THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS