LS swap

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
Ive built my 2004R with billet internals and a 'stage 1' shift kit from CK Performance. It was put together right by Mike at Transware here in the north end of Toronto. He knows Turbo Buicks.

My question is...i'm looking seriously at doing an LS swap but I am unsure if I should mate the LS up to the 200 or if I should be swapping out for a 4L60e or 4L80e....as for power goals, I would be looking at an LS6 cam in a 5.3 LM7 truck motor. Probably adding a hair dryer too.

I'm thinking the 200 might not be capable of handling it...might only be good for 400 HP or so....and if so - whats needed to mate it with the LS motor?

No track visits or real abuse in this car's future...just some street time.

A built 200 SHOULD be ok with a mild LS motor, but anything over that and you are rolling the dice. I loved my Extreme Automatics 200r4, worked great. That being said, after seeing them side by side, it is understandable how the 4l80e can handle more power.

Great Thx.

I guess I just needed some confirmation of what I already half way knew. As if the whole thing isn't pricey enough, now you gotta swap out a tranny too....and a 4L80e to top it off. I'm seeing them for nearly 2 grand on car-part.com.

Did you do anything to it or just bolt it up?

I will update the thread when it happens, just ordered it. If it is stock ($400+) I have heard a Transgo HD2 shift kit is a mandatory upgrade.