LS-1 brake lines

49-blues

What length does the brakes lines need to be after a LS-1 front brake conversion. Anyone know for sure before i order the stainless steel lines? ? I ve heard maybe 1-2". thanks

I had stainless lines on the stock brakes and when i switched to ls1 brakes they bolted up with no issues.

Anyone know where i could buy new abutment brackets and the clips for calipers and pads for a LS-1 set up?

For the abutment brackets I would try ebay. Usually they'll come with the calipers. Do you already have the calipers? Which clips are you talking about? Pads can be found at your local parts store.

This place carries brand new C5 calipers along with the abutment brackets for less than $300. Looky here.

Thanks- thats exactly what i was looking for! There is a clip on the top side of the caliper and one at each end of the abutment bracket which comes with the kit you mentioned.

The anti rattle clips I'm guessing? You can also pick those up at the parts store in a bag for a couple bucks.

IIRC the C5 calipers have slightly smaller pistons than the LS1s, but they also resist spreading more. I doubt it really makes any difference in the stopping power.

Yes-the anti-rattle clips and the two clips the pads slide into. I just checked and the C5 pistons are about 1 and 5/8" and the LS-1s are 1 and 3/4". thanks-i thought they were the same.

Boostingbuick- you didnt need to change any fitting on the brake lines or the lentgh and everthing moves ok without any obstructions? Cause i ve read that the fittings were different and that the lines maybe alittle short.

When I did the LS1s I used the B-body lines that I had used for the B-body brakes. I think these lines are alittle longer than the stock G-body lines. IMO the lines I'm using are actually a bit too long for this, but should work okay. The fittings are fine. You do need the LS1 banjo bolt. I've heard some people using the G-body style bolts and modifying them to work, but for $6 the correct ones are easy to get.

I had the earls stainless lines on the stock calipers, switched to the LS1 brakes and the lines bolted on with no issues. I had to angle the line to insure i would not rub. Just bought new crush washers and now i can stop! Or slow down to the posted speed limit when i need too. ;)

Thanks- i need to buy three sets -1 for my friend and 2 for me and want to make sure everything will fit ok.