LP's and Cassettes

TurboMike

whatever
My wife wants to get rid of her collection of '70's and 80's LP's and cassettes. Besided Ebay, does anyone know of a place that buys them??

Can you make a catalog of them? I would be interested in some LP's that I never bought way back when. I bought all the Eagles albums at a consignment shop 10 years ago for $0.50 each.

Turbo Mike:

Check the trendy cities in your area. In other words where GEEKs hang out.

Down in Mass they have a bunch of these shops in Boston & Cambridge mass near HARVARD EDU.

Shops like this amaze me to see they still keep rolling selling records. However they won't pay you retail because they need to re-sell.

Ebay would be a hassle selling 1 by1
I would group 10 at a time
or make a LOT for the same band.

Toss the cassettes or sell them in 1 big bunch on ebay $5 for 100 cassettes. You will come out with $$ for a 6-pack this way.

Look in the yellow pages to find a record shop that actually still sells records. Most of them will buy used records. For just a few they will want to listen to the entire album before valuing it; for an entire collection they will pay you much less for each album because they don't listen to them first.
If you have the time or inclination you can always goto a record convention.

Had all my cassettes from the 70-80's on ebay and had a bidder at $100 win them. The deadbeat loser never came thru with the $$$ which is a very common occurence on ebay these days. The damn box weighed 45 lbs! Just can't bring myself to throw them out or sell them for next to nothing so they are sitting up in the attic now.