lower engine knock at 1900 to 2200 rpm

BIGPSI

just developed a slight knock at 1900 to 2200 rpm. idle is quiet. driving down the highway is good,leave a stop sign and it comes in at said rpms. motor has about 1500 miles on it. could i be hearing noise out of tranny or converter. oil looks good,sae 30 rotella. i'm pretty bummed out .any imput or what i should look at first

sorry for stating the obvious. but was the knock sensor torqued properly? (its just little more than finger tight) check downpipe clearance? i would start with making sure nothings hitting the frame or anywhere else before i moved on to whether the fuel line was pinched up behind the motor and so on. just my .02

Could be the flexplate bolts( ask me how I would know), torque converter bolts. Good luck.

Bryan

thanks guys for the quick response. i'll check the flywheel and converter bolts. wouldn't hurt to pull the belt off to see if its coming from any accessories

yes oil pressure is the same as it was before. gonna do some checking on it tonight. i sure hope i don't have to pull it out again,but if i do i'm getting good at it.

couldn't find any noise with the belt off. converter and flywheel were tight. found downpipe and test pipe had come loose,fixed that.had it running in neutral and held the rpms up and no noise. i think its in the trans or converter, because its acting real goofy from 1 to 2 shift and has a little vibration. this is just normal driving,no wot.

My gn had a bad torque convertor and it did the same thing.The stator was slapping around in their.

well noise is still there with converter unhooked. it's not a bearing noise. could the flywheel be cracked like steve said? noise sounds like it's from the left side of the engine. still no noise at idle,you gotta hold it about 2000rpm

i dpubt it, its new along with the motor,but then again you never know. i took off the drivers valve cover hoping to find a broke rocker shaft,but nothing it looks ok

I had same issues with my new motor. Turned out to be number 6 rod bearing. Hate to tell ya that. We might be in the same boat, except mine was at 600 miles.

well i can't seem to find the problem,converter unhooked and belt off it still has a pronounced noise. so i'm gonna go ahead and pull the motor to see what i can find. i was gonna just pull the oil pan,but i can have the whole motor out and on the stand in about 2hrs. i'll let you guys know what i find

Get the engine to the RPM range where the knock is present, and pull one plug wire at a time and see if the noise changes or goes away.

If so, probably a rod bearing.:confused: