Lower door skin replacement

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
I was wondering if anyone has bothered with the 10 inch lower door skin replacement panels. Are they worth the time using for patches or using to replace the entire bottom? Would it be cheaper for me to have the body shop do this work or should I hunt down some rust free doors while I can? I still have yet to understand why the aftermarket refuses to make replacement panels and parts for the gbodies. You open up a classic industries catoloque for a stupid camaro and there is so much crap you could build every generation with their parts.

doors...

It is easier and cheaper just to replace the whole door. I have a set cheap if you are interested. Off of a Texas car.

PM or email me...

i dont see how it would be cheaper buying a pair of doors rather than having the skins welded sanded down and sprayed with new paint on the bottom half , right at the bend line.

new doors in excellent condition go anywhere from 600-800 dollars, then ud needa get them entirely sanded and painted anyways.

i was looking at the doorskin route as well....postons sells them cheap.
i think nexttime im going to POR paint the inside of the door so it will never rust.

my car doesn't have much rust besides on tiny pinkie hole in the firewall, front corner of door has a hole, and the very bottom of the quarter has a hole almost to put four fingers in. besides the hole in the drivers floor and the sheetmetel going up to the jam, not the rocker but the inside of the floor next to the drivers seat, its solid, no rust, none of frame, rest of floor, and the rest of the body on the car. Just all dented and dinged from the dumb ass that wrecked it. Beings i'm here, whats the going rate for a radiator support core? I can get one for free but its rusty as hell and would need to be sandblasted if its even still solid.

i paid 125 bucks for mine....im sure they go anywhere from 100-200 bucks depending on condition...i wouldnt bother on a rusty one...more problems than its worth, just get a nice conditioned one for 150 or something.