Low impedance injector flow

Not Avg 6

According to Racetronix's website 55lb. injectors flow 57lb/hr ,72's flow 75lb/hr and 83's flow 85lb/hr. They also state that 50's flow 50lb/hr, but I know my flow matched 50's flowed in the mid 40's. So, do low impedance injectors flow at the rate that they are at least stated at or at a little more :confused: .

Originally posted by Not Avg 6
According to Racetronix's website 55lb. injectors flow 57lb/hr ,72's flow 75lb/hr and 83's flow 85lb/hr. They also state that 50's flow 50lb/hr, but I know my flow matched 50's flowed in the mid 40's. So, do low impedance injectors flow at the rate that they are at least stated at or at a little more

It depends on the way they are tested, and the machine used.

It's a great thing to worry about, but, when the chips right, the point is moot. What brings this all up, is the notion that some chip burners were short cutting how much work they had to do, by fudging the Injector constant in the Chip, rather then sit down and actually go thru the MAF tables and get things correct.

ie this idea that large injectors are rich down low.
Damn few if any injectors are linear, and that the higher flow rates, this can cause issues. It's only that the rate of not being linear is different from what the oem ones are that tends to confuse people.

Now, stand back, you'll get alot of different opinions. <g>

It doesn't matter whether they are high or low impedence when it comes to testing the "static" flow rate, because the injectors are fully open. The differences you're seeing are most likely testing methods. Was a solvent used? Was gasoline used? Were the injectors run static or at 85-90% duty cycle?
I would say that your 50 injectors were run at 85-90% duty cycle when the testing was done.

Where high and low imp. does have an effect on flow rate is when the injector pulsewidths are very short, running in their non-linear region, where open/close time makes a difference. Once the chip is adjusted for it though, there is no problem.

Regards,
Eric