Low Idle Question

nascar

Here's what I did....I adjusted my wategate because I was making too much boost for the gas I was using (89 octane). I was maxing out at around 17-18 lbs. I gave the rod several turns counter-clockwise. I let the car warm up (Idle) for a few minutes and got a 44 CODE.

I located the vaccum leak (it was a line coming from the charcoal canister). I pluged it back in and took it for a run to see how the boost was doing and it ran like crap and I think I only saw about 8 lbs of boost. I know I may have adjusted too many turns but, after fixing the major vaccum leak, the thing won't hardly idle in gear and at a stop sign.

I would assume that it was idling fine with the vaccum leak and by plugging the leak, I wasn't making enough idle. Any ideas of why the idle is so low or what to do to fix it?

Someone might of adjusted the iac and tb blade screw with the vaccum leak present? readjust your idle as stated on gnt-type.org.
the turbo wastegate and rubber hoses have nothing to do with the engine vaccum.

get a scanmaster if you don't have one, they tell you iac among other important data streams.

Problem Fixed

I appreciate the suggestion of a Scan Master. I've always wanted one but still don't have it.

What I did was get some throttle plate cleaner and electrical parts cleaner and cleaned the MAF screen and sensor, cleaned the throttle body and blade. The result was what feels like a smoother idle (if there was such a thing on a GN) and quicker throttle responce.

Bottom line: the idle is up to where it should be now. :D