Low & Fast?

WeAreVenom

For all of you guys out there that are pretty low (dropped 2" or more), do you ever go down the 1/4? Or do you build it more for cruising? I ask because I'm curious as to how fast lowered GNs can go without any issues.

Being low doesnt hurt the car as long as you can achieve weight transfer. If you are more than 2" low in the rear, your very low on a G-Body car. Rear spring rate becomes more of an issue when you start to launch a lowered car. Most guys swap stocker rear springs back into the car for the track. The front end effect is only proportional in reference to height to the rear. Basically, you can still be low and run 9's. Once my fuel lines are upgraded, I'm hoping to run high 9's and my car is low.

Ill let ya know how mine does once its cooled down a bit. Im lowered with coilovers and a about 23.8" from the ground to the top of the fender lip up front and 25.3 in the back. Ive pulled a 1.70 60 ft taking it easy with this suspension setup and 28" MT drag radials, but haven't run it again on better tires. With the 28s on the rear the car has a ton of rake and im not sure what that does to my pinion angle. But as jdpolzin said it is doable and really shouldn't be a huge issue as long as you can still get a bit of weight transfer.

Being low doesnt hurt the car as long as you can achieve weight transfer. If you are more than 2" low in the rear, your very low on a G-Body car. Rear spring rate becomes more of an issue when you start to launch a lowered car. Most guys swap stocker rear springs back into the car for the track. The front end effect is only proportional in reference to height to the rear. Basically, you can still be low and run 9's. Once my fuel lines are upgraded, I'm hoping to run high 9's and my car is low.

Yeah, what he said. I am slammed, and my spring rate sucks. I am goin to oems and a coil or so removed to have slightly higher rate than designed vs lowered spring rate and coil removed. Its like riding on a cinder block instead of a coil.

I'm not quite as low as some, maybe 2" front- 1-1/2" rear. Just ran some 1.45 60fts and 6.7s in the 1/8 a few weekends ago, so the lowered stance didn't kill the race setup. Getting everything working together makes a big difference. I did fight the 60ft for a long time, but its finaly coming around now.

Mine has been a 10.03 at 139 with a best 60ft of 1.52 on m/t drag radial.

Attachments

• DSCN0099[1].JPG
    DSCN0099[1].JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 285
American Racing TrakStar 15x8 with a 275/60/15 on the rear and 15x3.5 with a vw tire on the front not sure what size it is I think a 165. It has a 1.5 spring in the rear and a 1in spring and a 2in drop spindle in the front.

Steve Hughes car is lowered and gone low 9"s he has dropped spindle on the front His car hooks great I think 1.3

I was on the foot brake. If I ever get my trans worked out I will have a transbrake then and I am doing a shock upgrade and will be hoping for some low 1.4s to high 1.3s.