low blm/low idle/car shuts off sometimes

dragrazor

My car has been running great other than the following issues. I let the car warm up before i drive it. I wait till the rpm's come down to about 850. On occasion, when i give it gas, i hear a pop and the car shuts off. This is a problem especially when i am trying to make a left turn in front of upcoming traffic. I give it gas slowly thinking that the car will shut off if i stab it. Then, three days ago, i started the car like normal and noticed that the idle went down to 600-700 rpm and was running weird. I went through the numbers on my scanmaster looking for a trouble code and saw that blm's were at 117. I had no codes. I decided on accelerating it and heard a pop. After the pop, the motor went back to normal, blm's came back up like it never happened. I drove the car with no issues, went to a car show and it started normal and drove normal. i have not driven it since. The car is stock other than a cold air kit, rjc power plate, turbo tweak chip, 237 regulator and hotwire kit. I was thinking it may be the mass air but i wanted to ask you guys. Any ideas?

Something similar to this happened to me a while back. After replacing just about every sensor, turned out to be the disk in the cam sensor. Might check that first.

Have you verified that your car is mechanically sound? Stuff like cam sensor wheel is tight, crank sensor is tight/adjusted right/wire isn't touching the balancer, MAF hose doesn't have a hole in it, wastegate hoses are new, vacuum lines are new, check valves are working, EGR is sealing, fuel pressure is stable, stock chip is in the garbage, fuel filter isn't 100 years old, plugs look the same, wires aren't shot, coil pack is grounded, etc....

Verify you don't have a mechanical issue before trying to tune around it.

Might want to borrow someone's injector harness and try that out. Age is not friendly to these harnesses. Double check your grounds at the back of the motor too.

yes and what earl said make sure you check all your hoses them bitches haha .the vacume block the pvc hose check for dry rotted cracked ends