Low BLM after tuning adjustments?...

You stated he was lean if he saw 780 shortly after going full throttle. I'm stating that you can not determine that from that data.

No disrespect.
If he sees .780 shortly after going full throttle,he's not seeing the .780 that everyone talks about. That .780 is the number you want to see at the end of a quarter mile run. My only goal here is to clarify when this .780 is to be observed as many don't understand. However,if the average Scanmaster in the average turbo Buick displays an O2 number of .780 shortly after going full throttle,it is lean. There are some variances among cars,but this is generally true. Because of this,we typically shoot for this .780 as a safe number. It's not steadfast,just safe. After we get to this safe number,we had better watch the knock sensor and mph and look at the spark plugs before we lean it out any more. Once we get a wideband,we have more info to more easily make good decisions.

Hypothetically, when tuning on the street (since it's impossible to make a full 1/4 mile pass safely), is there not a safe number to shoot for when making a third gear pull? Obviously a wideband o2 would be the best method, but it's just a hypothetical question.

This quote is from http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/TuningBasics.htm#Engine_Tuning

"Spraying Methanol at 100%, I would expect my oem O2s to be around 780 on the street. When at the track, I might lower my fueling a bit and look for something around 750-760 mv but in all cases, I am not going to accept any timing retard on PowerLogger."

Hypothetically, when tuning on the street (since it's impossible to make a full 1/4 mile pass safely), is there not a safe number to shoot for when making a third gear pull? Obviously a wideband o2 would be the best method, but it's just a hypothetical question.

This quote is from http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/TuningBasics.htm#Engine_Tuning

"Spraying Methanol at 100%, I would expect my oem O2s to be around 780 on the street. When at the track, I might lower my fueling a bit and look for something around 750-760 mv but in all cases, I am not going to accept any timing retard on PowerLogger."

If there are no other options, this is the method to use at your own risk. Plenty have used it successfully.

Went 11.83 @ 114 tonight. First 11 sec pass! No adjustments made. 02 recall showed 819, no knock. I'll be installing the wideband this weekend.

Congrats. That's a good ET for that mph. What did it 60'?

Thanks bro. 60ft was 1.677. I launched at 5psi off the foot brake.

IMG_20140117_220033.jpg

Thanks bro. 60ft was 1.677. I launched at 5psi off the foot brake.

View attachment 212230

That's great. I know some guys that would love that 60' at 5psi off a foot brake with a 6262. You clearly have a good TC and a good tune to get it spooled up quick enough to 60' like that. Keep up the good work. Stock motors are pretty good with a good tune to 125mph, so that stock LC2 could probably get you in the 10's on pump/alky if you want to do it. You def have a good launch.

That's great. I know some guys that would love that 60' at 5psi off a foot brake with a 6262. You clearly have a good TC and a good tune to get it spooled up quick enough to 60' like that. Keep up the good work. Stock motors are pretty good with a good tune to 125mph, so that stock LC2 could probably get you in the 10's on pump/alky if you want to do it. You def have a good launch.

It's good to hear some good feedback. Thank you. I'm very pleased with the 60' and e.t. but would've loved to see a little more mph. I was shocked how hard it launched! Those e.t. streets are sweet! My dash cover flew off and I'm holding on to my toggle switch for the tcc lol. I locked it after I felt the 2-3 shift. First pass I got anxious and blew the launch, went 12.2 @ 111. Second pass I got the 11.8 and called it a night. Stock tranny might not have liked another pass. No sense in pushing my luck.

I started another thread in the timeslip combo database section to see if anyone has any tips.

It's good to hear some good feedback. Thank you. I'm very pleased with the 60' and e.t. but would've loved to see a little more mph. I was shocked how hard it launched! Those e.t. streets are sweet! My dash cover flew off and I'm holding on to my toggle switch for the tcc lol. I locked it after I felt the 2-3 shift. First pass I got anxious and blew the launch, went 12.2 @ 111. Second pass I got the 11.8 and called it a night. Stock tranny might not have liked another pass. No sense in pushing my luck.

I started another thread in the timeslip combo database section to see if anyone has any tips.

You will need a tranny soon. Might as well run it until it starts to get loose though. As long as you don't break it, it'll cost the same to rebuild with worn out clutches as it will with some material left on them. :wideyed:

. . . . Stock tranny might not have liked another pass. No sense in pushing my luck. . . . ..

Personally . . . .
I agree to not beat on the trans till it breaks. That way, you “may” be able to re-use the cooler, and may not need to flush the converter. Of course, that all depends on what you find in the pan.
Great job BTW.

What side of H-Town are you at?

Personally . . . .
I agree to not beat on the trans till it breaks. That way, you “may” be able to re-use the cooler, and may not need to flush the converter. Of course, that all depends on what you find in the pan.
Great job BTW.

What side of H-Town are you at?

Thanks. I live and work in the Jersey Village area, but the car is in Clear Lake so I'm back and forth across town on the weekends.