Low 10 Sec. Pump Gas TTA

turbows6

1989 TTA

61k Original Miles

Car has run 10.37@ 128.xx on pump gas/ razor's kit. That was with an old CPT 66, 275 drag radials, stock gears, and a 240# driver. Car now has a precision billet 67 Ball Bearing turbo and 3.55 gears. I have not run the car at the track with the new turbo and gears, but it is substantially more powerful than it was on the 10.3 pass. I'm confident this car will go 9's, but I'm too leery about tearing something up anymore. This car has made roughly 10-15 total track passes and engine/trans have around 7-8k street miles (which were mostly easy highway miles)

Engine:
Ported Stock heads
210/215 Hydraulic roller
Diamond Pistons
ARP main studs/ arp rod bolts/ arp head bolts
RJC bulletproof head gaskets.
Custom 23 row IC
60# injectors/ razor's alcohol kit/ new 340 pump in tank
Billet 67BB has around 1k street miles and is less than 1yr old.
LS1 mass air/ mass air translator

Trans:
"Good era" Brian hoffer with billet internals
Big B&M cooler
Vigilante multidisc lockup converter
Trans has never been over 180-190*

Car has Boost, Fuel pressure, Trans Temp, and Scanmaster

Rear:
Dana 44 (factory GM rear) 3.55 gears (had 3.31 gears before)

The body is in decent shape, but has some minor dents and paint chips etc. I'd say 7/10

The interior is in similar condition to the body. It's nice, but the carpet is a little worn etc.
The seats are leather from a 98-02 F-body (They are much more comfortable and give more head and leg room than the stock seats.) I'm 6'2" and feel very comfortable in the car.

Problems: Has a little rust around the door hinges and a small dent about 3" long on the bottom of the passenger's fender. Has some minor rust on the t-top trim and the t-tops do leak a little. The car needs a headliner. The gears make a little bit of noise during low speed deceleration (quiet enough you can't hear with the radio on and windows down)

The car is currently running the Champion alternator-only bracket, and an s10 manual box, but I will include the stock parts.

This car is reliable enough to daily drive and gets 26 MPG. I regularly drive it to work, which is a 68 mile round trip. I've put 5-6k street miles on the car over the last year.

Car has Weld Prostar wheels with MT sportsman fronts and has 275/50 Nitto 555's on the rear. The tires are probably 75% new.

15,900$

located in
Lebanon, MO

survey.jpg

survey005.jpg

survey007.jpg

Picture022-1.jpg

Picture025.jpg

The TTA is the first car in this video. The time slip shown is the slip from this pass. This car has literally only been down the track around 10 passes, and it runs a lot better now than it did then. You can tell the old gears were too high watching the video. Went through the traps at 5000 rpm. The gears and billet 67 were a major improvement over what you see here.

Very nice looking car. I'm going to be in Lebanon on the 26th..wish I was a buyer at this point!

Did you ever see a tan Turbo T running around town a few years ago?

why not go 9's if it is capable no one ever has with tta heads ?????? small intercooler

Maybe I will.

Nobody seems to be a buyer.

I honestly think I could part the car out for more than the asking price (I know it sounds hard to believe, but I've added the price of all the parts using conservative estimates, and assuming I could get around 5k for the rolling chassis) I'd think a 61k original mile TTA roller with 2500$ worth of suspension, rear end, gauges, etc. would fetch 5k pretty easily. It would be a heck of a starting point if you wanted to do an LSx based engine, even. You can't hardly find a clean third gen. car at all anymore, and all you'd need is a spohn k-frame (500$) and this would be ready to go as a v-8.

Just think what a nice set of stock TTA headers and a Terry Houston stainless 3" TTA downpipe are worth.... and
Heads/ roller cam TTA engine
Transmission with billet internals
Vigilante Multidisc
Ls1 MAF / Translator
Scanmaster
Powerlogger
Bob Bailey 2 step
4" intake and filter setup
Custom Bolt-in TTA 23 row Stock location intercooler
Accufab FPR
60# injectors
coil/module/MSD wires
Alcohol kit
Hotwire kit

etc. etc. etc.....

It's tempting to just start selling parts...

I probably won't though. I think a hard launch with slicks and this thing would go solidly into the 9's. The pass the car made in the video felt weak compared to it's current setup, and that was with 275 drag radials and 7-8 pounds of boost at the line. Things might get a little scary off the line leaving a lot harder than it did on that pass though :D

Maybe I will.
It's tempting to just start selling parts...
I think a hard launch with slicks and this thing would go solidly into the 9's. :D

Def a lot of good parts. BUT selling it all off isn't goin to be much fun dealing with the window lickers and dreamers (wanna be's) :p .. Lots of aggravation believe me. Thinkin of goin 9s and doin it are 2 different things.. BUTT dyno's are very deceiving:eek: I'd just keep it an have some fun with it. Good Luck