Love these Car for Sale ads

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
The ones where it says so & so is broken or needs buffing or replacing BUT "should be an easy fix". If it's so easy, why isn't it fixed already?

I'm with ya John. Not very good selling points. People don't realize what it really takes.

Some guys just don't have the ability or drive to fix it or have it fixed and sell them as is. I have bought plenty of vehicles that fall into this catergory and actually prefer to buy them like that. You have a ton of negtioiating power when the seller and you both know that it needs work. you have to very careful with whats wrong and allow for other problems that the vehicle has as well. Buy low roll the dice and live by your descision. I have bought cars and people have questioned why I bought it until I sell it! I bought a 1996 Mustang GT convertible 164 k,needing a winshield,broken seat track and a"spring Cleaning" for $1500 a week later I sold it to the first caller for $3850. Not bad for a total investment of $1750 and two days work.

The ones where it says so & so is broken or needs buffing or replacing BUT "should be an easy fix". If it's so easy, why isn't it fixed already?

I know why they are not fixed...........Because TSpool ( a.k.a. parts hog )buys all of the parts for sale:biggrin:
Bryan

I know why they are not fixed...........Because TSpool ( a.k.a. parts hog )buys all of the parts for sale:biggrin:
Bryan

Hey, I resemble that remark :D My first step to recovery........

My name is Mike and I am a Turbo Buick parts hog :eek: :eek: :p

I like the "9 second TR for sale" ones. It always ends up being something like "It ran an 11.10 at 120 on 23 psi, I'm sure with more tuning and 2 more lbs of boost it will go 9's". Don't advertise an ET unless you have the slip to prove it.

Hey, I resemble that remark :D My first step to recovery........

My name is Mike and I am a Turbo Buick parts hog :eek: :eek: :p

Mike, the second step( and this is critical ) is to send ALL of your TR parts to me for free ASAP, this will allow the cleansing to begin.
Bryan:biggrin:
I will be waiting for a UPS tracking number from you.

I like the "9 second TR for sale" ones. It always ends up being something like "It ran an 11.10 at 120 on 23 psi, I'm sure with more tuning and 2 more lbs of boost it will go 9's". Don't advertise an ET unless you have the slip to prove it.

Exactly! Proof is in the timeslip :)

BW

I agree with "turbosam6" and Quick6'n'-K.C." about the time slip. I don't care what dyno numbers the guys advertise or what time they say it "should run"...the point is this: SHOW ME A TIME SLIP!
Also, it irritates me a little when guys say that their car is supposedly "rare" or "very few made"...and after you read their two-foot long description, you realize everything he says is wrong, that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about :rolleyes: and the only thing which matters to him is to get rid of the car at the highest price possible...:mad:

Claude :frown: