Love Bugs??

Brutal Buick

Hey everyone...Its that time of the year again in Florida. They are so bad I can't drive my car without it getting covered with them. Anyway, I was wondering what other states have them (or even know what they are).

Jamie

None here in AZ but I remember those little SOB's when I lived in Florida...I've seen them clear out an entire beach when they swarm...

Man I haven't heard that term in a very long time! Just the other day I was holding one and was showing my son it before he tried to grab it. Needless to say, it flew away.

I've heard of them but never encountered them.

I purchased a used car for my wife that was driven by an elderly lady who lived in Florida. The car spend all of its life in Florida and the lady's family drove the car up North to sell it. The car has a mesh screen installed in front of the radiator and behind the grille.

I remember vacationing in Florida as a kid and seeing cars with big mesh screens strapped to the hoods and bumpers.

Last year about 3 LuvBug seasons ago( I think they do this twice annually) my house and my garage specifically was invaded by these horny bastards. I started blasting them with my air hose and found that they are quite delicate as far as insects go and took a great facination in blowing them apart and to pieces with about 100PSI to the point I had a big mess to clean up. Soon boredom set in and spying a can of carb cleaner I proceded outside with the can and a Bic lighter that I use for my torches and used the cleaner as a blow torch to send the remaining squadron to their flaming deaths. Needless to say I got a little carried away and set a palmetto, a scrubby oak sapling and a Riviera parts car I have sitting on the side of the house on fire. Good thing I keep a garden hose hooked up at all times. I cant imagine trying to explain to the fire department and my insurance company how I set the house and the rest of the neighborhood on fire.

You mean big black yellow crap filled bugs? I hate those things. The #1 culprits for screwing up a paint job. Driving through them is like a bug rain, but if you hit the wipers it only makes it worse. Driving to my in-laws when those things are out, we always have to stop a couple of times at a gas station to clean the windshield. After a few miles of those bugs you can't even see out. Gotta wash the car quickly, they bake right into the paint. I hate those f@$!ers.