Loud turbo'd Lexus vs my GN on 4psi!

jdpolzin

Just got back from getting my haircut. I decided to take the GN, what the heck, I'm pissed off because the shop I work for blows and has no work so this will cheer me up! Anyways, it's always nice to see the girl who cuts my hair, if you know what I mean! She sees the car out there and says that it's "sooo beautiful"! So I leave and head home and low and behold here comes this Lexus flying up next to me at the stop light. I know what this guys up to. This thing is low, loud, and I hear the turbo. I actually really liked the car to honest, it's my favorite body style and modded but still has the factory light blue paint scheme! So he starts revvving it off the limiter. I'm only running 4psi until I upgrade my fuel lines so I think this dudes probably got me. I dont spool it at the line at all and just mash the gas when the light turns green. The dude leaves fairly hard but I still had him by 3 cars within milli-seconds. I keep on the gas cause I can hear he's still hard on his and I bet within an 1/8 mile I had him by more than 10 cars. Then he comes flying by me and gives me the thumbs up! Fun stuff!:D

Did it look like either of these?

121812d1207186094-92-lexus-sc300-rare-5-speed-low-69-500-miles-10750-r-side.jpg

2003-lexus-is-300-001.jpg

Actually it was 300. Very nice car! I always wanted one of those! That one was a little more modified than i would want but it was cool for sure!

Actually it was 300. Very nice car! I always wanted one of those! That one was a little more modified than i would want but it was cool for sure!

So it was a turbo SC300? And you beat him running 4psi? Strange. Those SCs run a slightly different version of the turbo Supra motor and take very well to boost.

That was definately a turbo car. He was so far behind me I had to look in each rear view mirror to see him. I could hear him the whole time though!

Are those 4 door cars turbocharged from the factory? I'd like to have one of those! This one had quite a bit of bark but no bite really. My car is still pretty quick at only 4psi but the way this thing was on the rev limiter, I thought I was toast!

i see alott of the IS300's running turbo's... thngs are pretty bad.. seen one smoke a vette on the highway.. took em by atleast 6 lenths

So these cars have Supra motors but without turbos? I was thinking they were just a standard car.

No, the SC300 (first pic) has a slightly different version of a Supra motor that takes pretty well to boost. The IS300 (2nd pic) usually gets a Supra motor swapped in. Needless to say, any turbo Lexus is either scary fast or broken/untuned.

I see! This looked like the second picture. The first picture practically looks like a Supra!