Loud Pop under boost. HELP!?!?!

man i havent looked at it i was 30 miles from where i live and had been playing in it earlier that day.i got in it one last time and it popped then i just drove it home and that was it.it drove fine i have blown off the little hose under the intake before so i was gonna check that i just havent had time yet.oh i have a roller so i dont think the lobe is the issue for me.i beat your is a vac leak or the hose clamps also.

i just checked that and everything looks fine also im low on gas so that may be my issue. im in 800s riding around but i hit 300s on boost on my gen 2 screen so im gonna get some gas a try it again lol

I got the same popping noise under boost only it turned out to be a corroded spark plug wiire where it plugs in to the coil pack. cleaned it up and no more pops!

yup, my combo at the time was a stock motor, adj fpr, 36lb injectors, TA-49, and a 3 in DP, everything else bone stock. No matter if I rolled into the throttle or flooring it, the 'pop' would always happen around 13 or so pound of boost.

I tested or replaced all the easy stuff first to eliminate possibilities, check MAF, swap coil pack and module, plugs, higher octane gas, swapping chips, checking grounds, vac leaks...you name it. Nothing helped.

I eventually pulled the #3 lifter out of the bore and it looked like someone took a carving knife to the bottom of the lifter. Dropped the oil pan and the remnants of the lifter, along with the lobe of the cam, had made a nice silver lining on the bottom of my oil pan:mad:

did you rebuild your motor or just cleaned out the metal out of the oil pan ect

I decided to rebuild and thought it'd be a good time to upgrade to a roller setup anyway. Glad I did as the bearings really took a beating with all that metal going through the engine..not to mention the turbo.

I'd advise anyone with a flat tappet to upgrade to roller before this same scenario happens. I know there's plenty of guys successfully running flat tappet cams...but I wasn't one of them.

man i havent looked at it i was 30 miles from where i live and had been playing in it earlier that day.i got in it one last time and it popped then i just drove it home and that was it.it drove fine i have blown off the little hose under the intake before so i was gonna check that i just havent had time yet.oh i have a roller so i dont think the lobe is the issue for me.i beat your is a vac leak or the hose clamps also.

I'm sure hopin thats it. or maybe a corroded wire connection like gmpower said. i'll post up what i find as soon as i have a chance to look at it, which'll be sunday at the earliest.
thanks again fellas,
Talon

i just had the same exact problem last week..car drove mint under normal driving and pulled like an animal up till it hit higher boost levels than...POP...scared the crap out of me..i was thinking bad things...checked all the common problems and turned out to be the coil pack....put a new coil pack in and it's good as new...good luck with it......