Loud fuel pump...

REGALTURBO

I Am The Master..Master..
Normal driving...my fuel pump suddenly has a high pitch sound. Drives fine but any acceleration, somewhat hard but not full throttle, the car stumbles. Is this an indication that my pump went bad ????

My car did the same thing when the fuel pump went bad, A high whining sound coming from the fuel pump. Mine was caused by a bad load of gas with sediment being pumped into my tank which in turn clogged my fuel sock which caused the whining on the fuel pump.

+1

That is an often common symptom, keep outta the throttle untill you check your fuel pressure, a lean condition is not good for the engine, also check your fuel filter, if its restricted badly that can also cause your performance problem and noisy pump, like pushing against a wall...Hth

Mine would get loud then quite back and forth. The wires on the hotire melted due to teh amp draw.
Replaced the pump with a walbro from full throttle and hotwire from caspers all good
replace dpump was a 5 year old Poston High po pump

Thanks for the replies. I`m gonna start with the fuel filter and see what happens. I looked into the pumps and they are relatively cheap. Just don`t wanna drop that tank unless I really have to.
I`ll let you all know how things turn out.

Is it a "real" Walbro pump? There was a warning issued a little while back about some generic China-built pumps that were inferior. Hopefully someone will chime in here and post a link to the info. Make sure you get the real thing if you do end up having to drop the tank.