Loud Fuel Pump????

T-Type Mike

Guys, I was bumped from behind the other night, and now my fuel pump is whinning really loud, It's a Walbro 340m, just installed 2 months ago. I know they are a loud pump, but it was never this loud before. What do you think it could be?? If I use any power ie. window motor, I can hear the fuel pump change pitch of sound. All help appreciated, as I am going to try to have the insurance pay for this..... Thanks very much, Mike

The only thing I can think of is my buddy's pump gets loud whenever the sock and/or the fuel filter gets clogged...Maybe a bunch of stuff got knocked off of the inside of the tank when you got bumped.

Yup coulda not some junk in the tank loose.

If that pump got louder it's most likely working harder.

Time to drop that tank and take a look!

Thats what I figured. I am hoping the insurance comp. will take a look for me. I am in no shape to drop the tank right now since I have a mild dose of whiplash, but I will make sure to check it out before I drive the car anywhere... Thanks for your quick replies, Mike.

The floor of the tank may have been pushed up and now conacts the pump, acting like a drumhead/megaphone.