Lots of pedal not so muck stopping

dragonational

That Guy
Well i just replaced all of my brake lines with stainless lines due to the others were rusted pretty bad and i broke the main one running to the rear brakes. After i got the lines in i filled the PM with fluid and blead the brakes. The pedal feels really firm almost too firm. The only problem is i have to take the pedal all the way down to the floor before it wants to stop and even then it takes a while. So i guess my question is what would make the pedal firm but the brakes act like they dont want to engage? When i blew the line could it have done something to the PM?

original system or vacuum assist, if its original mine did the same but if i hit the pedal hard it stayed hard, i would have to slowly engage pedal for the car to stop if u moved to fast the pedal got hard, and barely no brakes, my problem was the accumulator, black ball... HTH

They are the original Powermaster unit. I was thinking that it might be the accumulator also. Does anyone still have any of these or do you have to order them? I just want to drive my car again you know.

poston carries for around 85$ and good luck finding anything for a national at your local parts store, i went yesterday to get stock plugs and had to order, butt they had champions what a joke oh and platinum, can we say detonation lol, u might be lucky and try...

Well i just replaced all of my brake lines with stainless lines due to the others were rusted pretty bad and i broke the main one running to the rear brakes. After i got the lines in i filled the PM with fluid and blead the brakes. The pedal feels really firm almost too firm. The only problem is i have to take the pedal all the way down to the floor before it wants to stop and even then it takes a while. So i guess my question is what would make the pedal firm but the brakes act like they dont want to engage? When i blew the line could it have done something to the PM?

Have you solved your problem yet?
Did you pump bleed your system?
There are many different techniques for bleeding.
See my sig for some of the better ones.

From your desc, it sounds like you still may have air in your system.
But, some pedals are strange.
Does you car stop?

one more thing is the brake light is still on. It stays on all the time still.

There are only 3 things that make that light go on.
1 - parking brake
2 - malfunctioning PowerMaster
3 - proportioning valve

See here for P/M diagnostics: Brake System

Pay attention to the Accumulator testing and internal leak testing.

You can check your porp valve switch and find out if it's closed for some reason. Check for contunity with a DMM or you can use a test light.