Lost to rice

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Ok...gulp... I could not keep up.

Couple of weeks back I noticed a Acura Integra ahead of me lowered with rims and exhaust...clean ride.

Figured I'd jerk his chain, so I hop up on his rear a few times. We are rolling around 40 mph. He looks in the rearview and is on his cell pnone.
So I tail him.
Shortly after that I noticed he put his cell down and downshifts and changes lanes so I put it on the floor.
What was weird was that this car was real quite, usually they scream once it the V-TEC comes to life.
Well needless to say, he freaking left me sitting there he pulled like 4-5 cars in a blink and I could not do jack.
He shut it down and I roll by and shoot him a thumbs up.

I have seen some 300 plus horse on the ground turbo Hondas here. So I have to be careful of my prey.
Oh well...Budget restricted.

I kept waiting to get to the bottom and read you were driving your Geo Metro daily driver. Please turn in your keys to the Buick police immediately if you were in a Buick. :p

At the end of the night last night at NED a Honda Civic hatch ran a 12.2 with pedaling it for traction. That is scary. It wasn't all riced out either, kind of looked plain jane.

Originally posted by Pronto
At the end of the night last night at NED a Honda Civic hatch ran a 12.2 with pedaling it for traction. That is scary. It wasn't all riced out either, kind of looked plain jane.

In my experience, the fast imports always look close to stock, because they wisely decided to spend money on go-fast parts rather than look-fast parts. :)

Even though you lost, prop's to posting.

Copy what Gokou said. It seems like w/ imports the more obnoxious-looking a car is the slower it is, at least out here.

this is a sad sad day:eek: keep your head up.:cool: i have also lost to rice in my stock 88gt 5.0 . The shrink sad i can go home soon.:D

You win some and you lose some. Finally glad to play a little, man it is hard to find someone to give it a go from time to time.

My 87 is in the high 13's...13.7@ about 99 mph w/ a 1.9 60' is my best and that was with the stock exhaust system and the gutted cat. Have not ran it since the 3" atr crossflow. I have a chip, fuel and injec, cold air, etc. Still have the stock turbo, DP and IC.

Wish list - TE 44, 2800 stall, FMIC, THDP style 3" downpipe, bigger TB, traction bars, air bags, maybe alky.

Once again budget restricted.

I am restoring an 86 GN for my wife now it has some of the bigger bolt ons so it should be quicker.

my neighbors boyfriend has a newer civic si, looks completely stock, nice looking car, even for a honda. he told me it runs 14.7's n street tires, but i've been told it runs mid 13's with slicks, soulds completely stock too, no big fart can. i think he did a real exhaust on it, the tips are bigger than stock, i'd guess 2- 2 1/2" but doesn't have the muffler right there at the end. thoes are the ones to watch out for...

aint that the truth!! I found that out the hard way. I know my 84 aint the fastest by no means but she can eat some rice. One night this ass was ridin my tail and it looked import from the headlights, the new flourescent or whatever, but I didnt hear its fart, wich shouldve tipped me off, but didnt, so I gun it and this dude all over me by know we doin at least 100 and finally out of trffic and he switches lanes and blows by me like i was sittin still!! Caught up to him down the road and gave the "nod" it was a Mitsu Lancer Evo! Looked nice, kinda under cover fast. no fart can medium ugly spoiler and the vent in the hood. Memorized that look.

Rice?

Around here there are a lot of Domestic guys going to the Hondas and other Imports. Why you ask, because it is a challenge. It is easy to have a 13 second daily driver TR, but a 13 second daily driver Honda is not so easy.

The ones that are racers are the ones that do not have the loud exhaust, or the stupid decals all over their cars. The stickered up, slammed and loud exhaust having cars are ricers.

Watch out for the newest trend in Hond/Acura swaps. The K24 engine out of a CRV with the K20 RSX-S head will get you close to 300 horsepower with minimal parts. Put that in a 2000lbs CRX and it wil run down a lot of Domestics.:)

Re: Rice?

Originally posted by Taffy
Around here there are a lot of Domestic guys going to the Hondas and other Imports. Why you ask, because it is a challenge. It is easy to have a 13 second daily driver TR, but a 13 second daily driver Honda is not so easy.

Watch out for the newest trend in Hond/Acura swaps. The K24 engine out of a CRV with the K20 RSX-S head will get you close to 300 horsepower with minimal parts. Put that in a 2000lbs CRX and it wil run down a lot of Domestics.:)

It is not a challenge---it's about the money---you can make anything fast--just takes money--------that is why...........................
I will take a 300 hp acura/honda and bitch slap it!!!!!

Geoff

Re: Re: Rice?

Originally posted by ghall
It is not a challenge---it's about the money---you can make anything fast--just takes money--------that is why...........................

Geoff

You are right about the money . $10,000 bought my son 604 wheel h.p. out of a 2.0 Talon.

Originally posted by Pronto
At the end of the night last night at NED a Honda Civic hatch ran a 12.2 with pedaling it for traction. That is scary. It wasn't all riced out either, kind of looked plain Jane.

Since you were stuck in those clogged NED staging lanes you must have missed the plain Jane Nissan sentra running a 13 flat.

He would have beat both of us that night. Pronto you need to work on those Drag RADS & boxed control arms..

I too have found that some of the plain ones on the street
can be a handful when using the daily driver. :) Especially if they are rolling at 40.

Re: Re: Rice?

Originally posted by ghall

Geoff

well said , I totally feel what Ghall said. I'd take that peice of rice and really with true feelings from the heart, BITCH SLAP that rice.LMAO LOL really LMAO :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Re: Re: Re: Rice?

Originally posted by Randy Greenoe
You are right about the money . $10,000 bought my son 604 wheel h.p. out of a 2.0 Talon.

if you dont mind me asking
what exactly does he have done?
I read one of your other posts another time about your sons car
but I really cant picture getting all that power with a mere 10K
I would think the differentials, tranny, and engine would cost way over that no?

thanks for your time

Carl

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rice?

Originally posted by Cleaner13
if you dont mind me asking
what exactly does he have done?
I read one of your other posts another time about your sons car
but I really cant picture getting all that power with a mere 10K
I would think the differentials, tranny, and engine would cost way over that no?

thanks for your time

Carl
The motor was built by David Buschur and has a knife edged crank,Crower rods.J E pistons,HKS cams,Buschur ported and polished head with oversized valves,aluminum sheetmetal intake,650cc injectors,billet ruel rail,BBK 70mm throttle body #3 1/2 turbo back exhaust and a Buschur 52 turbo.The trans. has phantom grip diff. Galant first gear and ACT clutch ,and a Fidenza aluminum flywheel. Bushur is getting some big power out of these 2.0s they have made over 800 h.p. on some of them.

Whats it run and how reliable is it.It's one thing to put up dyno #s its another to drag race it.

Running it on a dyno does not always find out its weak points I have seen too many people build too many cars that had big numbers but always broke or never ran down the track the way they are supposed to.Until you run the number at the track all the rest just really dosn't matter.

I hope its a screamer but I think for now I will reserve judgment and will just keep on loving my low 12 high 11 second street driven buick.

there are alot of fast dsm's running around here, tons of guys running 12's, good number running 11's, half dozen running 10's and 2 or 3 running 9's....the common weak link seems to be the tranny, but alot of guys spring for the better gears and synchros. I can see 600+ on race gas and boosted to all hell, but no way a daily driver. the most hp I know of is a local guy that pulled off 420 to the wheels on pump, and that was already on the ragged edge. A good friend of mine has a very quick daily driver, runs low 12's and dyno'd 345hp to the wheels.....this is a stock block with a 20g turbo, all bells and whistles. very impressive caras when built right.