Lost to rice

Originally posted by onefastjackass
Whats it run and how reliable is it.It's one thing to put up dyno #s its another to drag race it.

Running it on a dyno does not always find out its weak points I have seen too many people build too many cars that had big numbers but always broke or never ran down the track the way they are supposed to.Until you run the number at the track all the rest just really dosn't matter.
The "number" when it was in a lighter car was 9.62 with no nitrous. He is hopeful of running about the same with spray. In a air conditioned power window car. Not a daily driver just a cruiser.

Cool I was hoping that was the answer.I would actually like to here more about the car sometime.Tranny mods clutch etc.

I hope you don't feel like I was trying to get on you.Just that too many people say this or that and don't even try to race them.If you know how many prostreet cars I have come upon that have claim big numbers on the dyno :rolleyes: then when you finally get them to the track they run slow.:mad:

Thanks for the response

I have a Subaru WRX with over 330hp at the flywheel. My buddy was in that and I was in my GN. We raced, and from the line he had about a 2 car lead, then the turbo spooled in the GN and I went flying by. BE Carefull, you will loose to a WRX STI! It is the modern day GNX. 300hp AWD, 6 spd, variable diffs, and LIGHT. Watch out who you pick on, these cars will have launched and be out of reach before we hook up.:eek:

Nick

thoes wrx's are pretty cool cars, and i dont' see how they run as good as they do. small engine, small turbo, small intercooler, but still small 1/4 mile times. pretty cool cars, if i were going to go buy a new car i would definatly concider one, they don't look half bad either. theres one around town that had the subaru log plastered on the whole side of his car (must be 5 feet long and 3 feet tall, the sticker that is) that i alwasy try to line up with, but something always happens, and as bad as my car runs i'm thinking its probably a bad idea...

Originally posted by denn454
thoes wrx's are pretty cool cars, and i dont' see how they run as good as they do. small engine, small turbo, small intercooler, but still small 1/4 mile times.
How they do it is all wheel drive and lighter weight. It's a good 400-600 lbs less then an avarage GN.And has the advantage of no tire slip on dry pavement. Think If all our turbo regals and gn's had much less weight and didn't have to worry about tire spin.What a world that would be:) :)

That would be the day. Imagine racing in the rain or snow with a GN and getting grip!:D Ahh... I'll keep dreamin and driving the wrx so the buick wont get wet or turn into a snowman.

Nick

there are alot of fast dsm's running around here, tons of guys running 12's, good number running 11's, half dozen running 10's and 2 or 3 running 9's....the common weak link seems to be the tranny, but alot of guys spring for the better gears and synchros. I can see 600+ on race gas and boosted to all hell, but no way a daily driver. the most hp I know of is a local guy that pulled off 420 to the wheels on pump, and that was already on the ragged edge. A good friend of mine has a very quick daily driver, runs low 12's and dyno'd 345hp to the wheels.....this is a stock block with a 20g turbo, all bells and whistles. very impressive caras when built right.

Basically an AWD 1g DSM can hit 12's with under 2K in mods as long as its in good shape. Could be a lot less if you find some good deals.

As for 420 WHP, thats about right, the stock block is good for about 450 horsepower, which I'd say is very respectable for a 4 cyl. And I cant think of any other 4 cyl that could put down those kind of #s on stock block.

I love my DSM, but I would also love to have a GN one day...But, theres always that damn money thing...DSM sucks it all up as it is.

Buick and Subaru = me with no money. They say a boat is a hole in the water that you put all your money into. A Buick is a bottomless pit that you put all your money, time, and life into. AND LOVE IT! (usually)

NIck

how bout a DSM + woman? now THOSE, are neverending money pits. Especially the 2nd one.

I don't care if your out crusing in a 10 second car, chances are there is someone faster than you... Slight but still a chance.

What you need is a woman that buys parts for you. Mine got me drag radials and alcohol injection kit.:D