Lost my buddy yesterday...

Thanks everyone. It has been hard to deal with. I have two more cats here. One is one the wife saved at one day old. The other is a 3-legged rescue that took to me right away. Wife's cat walks around crying and sounds like she is saying "WHY...WHY..." I have been trying to record her but the moment she knows the camera is on, she goes quiet. I almost lost it today at work when my wife posted, on Facebook, an old video I had of him acting it up for the camera. I believe he understood EVERYTHING we ever said and she mentions that he won't do anything with the camera rolling. He meowd at her and went to "being cute". Got done, looked at me and then her and moved his arms like "well, is that good enough?"

Mark, I know exactly what you are talking about with having to put one down. Had to do that to my wife's first Chow. He had a heart attack and we were up all night with him making him comfortable. Next morning we both went to vet with him and his heart was failing fast. They gave him a few more hours to live so we stopped his pain. We both stayed there with him so he knew we weren't going to abandon him. We had him cremated and he is always with us. That is worse than an actual burial. :(

If I knew how to post videos, I would put it here. Here are some other pics I have of him. First pic, he has his "cattitude" going on. Second pic, he was talking to the space heater. Third pic, was the last time he had ever been outside. Making sure all the groceries were inside and then he zipped thru the door back in.

Attachments

• IMG_20101124_221528.jpg
    IMG_20101124_221528.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_20110120_183618.jpg
    IMG_20110120_183618.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 294
  • n1466490502_30357778_4634749.jpg
    n1466490502_30357778_4634749.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 299
Eric, sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy!:frown:

I would have never thought there were this many cat loving men here!:p

I will probably be a wreck when I loose my Buddy (his actual name) as the girlfriend and I couldn't come up with anything and that's what I was calling him when he would meet me at the door when I would get home from work.

Sorry to hear about Piglet!:redface: Pets are a blessing to us and do nothing but fill our homes with love and sometimes other things:biggrin:. My wife and I have two dogs and a cat along with our 3 years old son. We always say our two dogs are our first born son and daughter. They are the reason we first met 7 years ago. It's a nice feeling to come home and know you have someone there that cares that you are home and you know they waited all day just to see you walk in the front door!

Time will heal brother!

You guy's are great.... Nice to see so many of you giving support to your friend.... Makes life a little better for him and shows just how many caring people still exist.. Love it.. We have a cat too.. Hes a crazy ass but ya gotta love him..

Sorry about you little buddy..

Man this touched home, I just read this at work and had to leave my desk I was getting teary eyed. I was always a dog lover and had to put our dog "Gracie" down a few years ago. She was really sick but lived a long and happy life. I was such a wreck I had to have my father take her to the vet to put her down. I stayed home and prepared her grave in our woods. I was crying so hard by the time my father came back with her, I must have dug a hole 12 feet deep. It was the hardest thing I have done. She was our girl since me and my wife also do not have children, she was ours.

Last year "Cody" the cat came into our life. Someone left him in our woods, he was maybe 2 months old. He was so cute and sweet we had to save him despite my allergies to cats. It has been a miracle, but Cody does not bother my allergies at all. Most of all I have become a "CAT GUY"...I just love him to death!

Plus he has become a "Buick GN" fan!!!!

Hang in there.:smile:

Attachments

• Cody-1.jpg
    Cody-1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 235
  • Cody-2.jpg
    Cody-2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 245
Eric:
Very sorry and deeply touched to hear of your loss of "Piglet", a family member of so many years.
A few years back I lost my cat, "Rascal" whom I had for 21 years, and through several girlfriends, both live-in and non live-in. He stayed with me through thick and thin, feast and famine. I knew that he was going, but I just couldn't bring myself to have him put to sleep. I came home one day and he was gone.
As some good always comes from bad, I was blessed a few years later when some neighbors who live across the street could not take all of their animals with them when they moved. I took a set of brother and sister cats about 5 years old named "Dallas", the male, & "Bella", the female, who are with me to this day. My life would be incomplete with out them. I am sure that the pain of loss of a loved one will soon be replaced by the joy of remembrance of time spent together.

Very sorry for your loss. :frown:

I know all too well what you mean by him talking to you, or helping you carry in groceries. This breed of cat is as close to a dog as it gets. They are very social and crave attention.

We have a shorthair Russian Blue. He'll be 14 in September. He's been my little buddy since he fit in the palm of my hand. His favorite thing to do is pick fights & wrestle my hand.

He & the dog soaking up some winter sun thru the stormdoor.....

Attachments

• P3050432.jpg
    P3050432.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 224
Sorry for your loss man. Lost my pit bull back in 2003 while deployed. The fam didn't tell me until I came back home. Bitter sweet home coming I guess. I gave away my boxer to a friend who could care for him now that my schedule is nuts.. my girl and I just became proud parents of a baby African sulcata tortoise! Chances are he is gonna out live us both! He fits in the palm of my hand but in 10 years hes gonna be a tank!

Take comfort in knowing you were a great friend to him.I wish their were more responsible pet owners like the people on this forum.

Kevin

That's the truth. We live longer than most animals so parting is very difficult. Be thankful of the gifts they give us and make every moment they are on earth a pleasant one.

Our latest adoption is a female Boston Terrier that was bred at a puppy mill, her belly has a dirt tattoo because her pores would open up from the heat dirt would just clog up the pores, changing the color of her skin. Now, she sleeps on a tempurpedic and will never be exposed to that kind of cruelty again.

We put our yellow lab down when my son was four. He didn't say much, but understood why I couldn't hold back tears as I cooked her last steak.

Thank You for loving these animals!

We lost our a-hole orange guy about 2 years ago. He'd jump me and get into trouble etc, great cat, died suddenly at 2 1/2 yrs of a heart embulisom, very sad day and weeks after. Last year a week before a big hip surgery I was helping the mother in law feed some animals at a horders house, it was a horrible experience, I was able to save these two. The the little grey girl was touch and go and had to be force fed. They ended up having ring worm on top of it all, which I caught and almost delayed the surgery. They are fine now and I have tooo many cats :) White guy is a orange guy at heart, becoming a real jerk. Lots of animals need a home, hope you can give another a great life.

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00482-1.jpg

The way I see it, every life deserves a chance and sometimes these little critters don't get a chance because of some people. We give them the chance and they reward us with their presence and personalities. My other 2 have awesome personalities. They are both still calling out and looking for Piglet too which is heartbreaking. :(

Animals I love ,people not so much.:pWhat does that tell you about the world we live in.Just pick up the morning paper and people will disgust you but your pet will only reward you:biggrin:

Kevin

Amen! I like a few people. People that have always been around me and the friends I have here. :smile:

Animals I love ,people not so much.:pWhat does that tell you about the world we live in.Just pick up the morning paper and people will disgust you but your pet will only reward you:biggrin:

Kevin

sorry for your loss eric.always remember the good times with piglet and he will always be with you.