Lost my buddy yesterday...

GNeric

... put him in the earth tonight. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. My wife and I never had kids so our furry kids were our kids. Piggy was smart, funny, had a bit of an attitude but loved everyone. Raised by our Chows. He was the only one out of his litter (8) to make it past 2 years. He lived to be 12. Died before I could make it home yesterday from being in Denver for the Mopar Nationals. He was an indoor cat and has only been outside 3 times in his life. Once on accident and was crying to get back in and twice when we came home with groceries. We never knew but apparently he had liver problems. He always came running to the door when I got home and would talk up a storm about his day. Always "helped" me brush my teeth. Played "hide and seek" and "tag". I shall miss him. He was like the son I never was able to have. RIP Piglet. :( :( :( :(

Attachments

• Piggy.jpg
    Piggy.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 585
Sorry for your loss my family lost a dog like 9 years ago and had him for 12 years so I know the feeling and it sucks .... :(

I'm sorry Eric. I'm not married or have kids and my two brats agrivate the heck out of me sometimes. Baby and red will be sorely missed if something happens to them. They're my kids and I do understand.

Thank you. I had some strange happenings tonight. He was afraid to be outside in the dark (his first experience outside) so after I got done digging, I took him out there in one of my shirts he loved, tried to "make him feel safe" in the dark. It has been sprinkling since about 4:30 today and I gave him one last hug and it stopped raining in the yard. I could hear it around the property still. It took me a while to finally get the first shovel full of dirt. THAT was the hardest. When I was done, the rain came back. My two chows are out there lying by him with their heads on their paws just looking. They know what happened.

Thank you. I had some strange happenings tonight. He was afraid to be outside in the dark (his first experience outside) so after I got done digging, I took him out there in one of my shirts he loved, tried to "make him feel safe" in the dark. It has been sprinkling since about 4:30 today and I gave him one last hug and it stopped raining in the yard. I could hear it around the property still. It took me a while to finally get the first shovel full of dirt. THAT was the hardest. When I was done, the rain came back. My two chows are out there lying by him with their heads on their paws just looking. They know what happened.

Dammit Eric, my eyes are watery now. I really do kow how it feels. I lost my first dog while at work and my mom had him put to sleep without telling me.:mad: PM me the number later and we can chat if you want.:smile:

Charlie

I will Charlie. Sorry. :( We have had some strange things happen around here. Not limited to animals. I am actually going to try and get some sleep now. I am running off of one hour from last night when I found him.

By the way... mine have been watery all last night and today. I am a big baby when it comes to my "kids" losing their lives. :(

I will Charlie. Sorry. :( We have had some strange things happen around here. Not limited to animals. I am actually going to try and get some sleep now. I am running off of one hour from last night when I found him.

Well as long as you're ok then it's good Eric.:smile: Sleep well brother and maybe Aj can help you out with some "therapy".(sp) LOL

... put him in the earth tonight. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. My wife and I never had kids so our furry kids were our kids. Piggy was smart, funny, had a bit of an attitude but loved everyone. Raised by our Chows. He was the only one out of his litter (8) to make it past 2 years. He lived to be 12. Died before I could make it home yesterday from being in Denver for the Mopar Nationals. He was an indoor cat and has only been outside 3 times in his life. Once on accident and was crying to get back in and twice when we came home with groceries. We never knew but apparently he had liver problems. He always came running to the door when I got home and would talk up a storm about his day. Always "helped" me brush my teeth. Played "hide and seek" and "tag". I shall miss him. He was like the son I never was able to have. RIP Piglet. :( :( :( :(

im sorry to here that.and im sorry for your loss,im the same way don't have kid's just him,and im gonna miss him very much when he's gone.this is his birthday.

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 520
Take comfort in knowing you were a great friend to him.I wish their were more responsible pet owners like the people on this forum.

Kevin

sry to hear. my sister just lost her cat last week. the cat was 20 yrs old and she had her since she was 12. she was wreck. I guess its like losing a family member.

Sorry for your loss..

I have dogs right now at 18 and 11 and am not looking forward to that day.
I already went through it so I know how you feel...

my lil buddy is only 3 and i dread the day he wont be around. I took him in when my then GF had to move and kept him through the break up.. They are the only thing on earth that love you more than they love themself.

Eric, it is losing a family member....your story/experience here made me tear up so much....my wife, Shirley, and I are so sorry for your loss.

Sadest story I've heard in a long time.

We sure can get so close and love our little animals so much, can't we? They are a gift from God, remember that. HE trusted you enough to send Piggy to you.

Saying goodbye is the hardest damn thing to do in this situation.....I feel so much for you, buddy, so I pray to the Lord that He'll comfort you on your loss and help you through it....

We have four wonderful little cats to care for....all strays, homeless and we couldn't love them more.

But I dread the time coming of what you went through the other day....dread it. Our cats make us so darn happy it's almost undescribable, but we're glad we saved them and showered them with love, devotion, and attention.

Eric.....let time help you through this....and God.....then decide later on whether you'll get another little cat to make you happy in your life, because they sure do that. Remember...they need you, too.

We're so sorry for your loss....your story just made me lose it. God bless you, Eric.

Bruce '87 GRand National

Sorry to hear about this. There are a lot of pet lovers who can identify with how attached you become. My black lab is going to turn 12 soon and I can tell he is starting to really slow down with stairs and jumping into bed with me at night. I try not to think about him not being around. I only had to be with a pet that was put to sleep once when I was a little kid and I remember that like it was yesterday. :( I can tell you this, though. My six year old son will never be without a pet while he's still at home. That was such a great part of childhood.

Take care.

Hey Eric,
Sorry to hear your buddy is gone. I lost my buddy last April. I have a cool pic for you though. This is my other buddy DIESEL, I think he is Pigglet's twin brother.

Take care,
Coach:biggrin:

Attachments

• DIESEL IN TROUBLE 2x.JPG
    DIESEL IN TROUBLE 2x.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 354
Always tough losing anything you love. We lost our ragdoll cat Destiny a couple years ago. Had to put her to sleep as she took a turn for the worse. First time ever seeing a pet die in front of me and not ashamed to say I balled like a baby at the vets. Still seeing her eyes go all black haunts me to this day but wanted to be there for her.

Good did come from it though as my wife got involved with a local shelter as a volunteer and after a couple of months we ended up with a cat no one wanted and she has turned out to be a great addition to the family. We adopted another one a year later from the same place.

We also had a couple of strays that we fed on our deck for years while we had Destiny who was strictly an indoor cat. After she died we attempted to see if we could domestic the strays but it didn't quite work out so we continued to take care of them outside. I am such a softie I bought them an igloo for the winter with a heated pad. This went on for years. Well, this past winter with all of our snow here in CT, I was up on the roof getting snow off and sent my son to get the snow rake in the front of the house. He startled one of our "strays" who was deaf and she ran out into the street and was hit by a car when she ran out of the driveway that had 7 ft piles of snow on either side. Driver probably never saw her dart out into the street. She staggered back to the house and died right in front of my son. Had to shovel thru waist high snow so I could bury her. Was a tough day.

So anyway, we ended up giving the other stray another chance. While he stayed outside he got into a fight with an animal and ended up losing his tail. Actually healed up nice without any vet bills. Figured he needed a break since his buddy was now gone. So, now we have three cats in the house all with different personalities and looks.

My advice is to get another one at some point, it does lessen the pain somewhat.

Attachments

• Destiny.jpg
    Destiny.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 342
  • oreo.jpg
    oreo.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Zoey.jpg
    Zoey.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 342
  • Zoey & Ginger.jpg
    Zoey & Ginger.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 356
We all seem like animal lovers:biggrin:.My black cat GNX has to have a bad tooth pulled and two more might have to come out also:mad:Just got the estimate from the vet $1000 ,have to put him out and all the antibiotics to go with it.:eek:Well I have been working pretty steady this week (evenings) and I guess my buddy is getting some denture work.I guy at work told me I was crazy:rolleyes:,so I told him one more comment about my cat and he would be supplying the new teeth;)

Kevin

We all seem like animal lovers:biggrin:.My black cat GNX has to have a bad tooth pulled and two more might have to come out also:mad:Just got the estimate from the vet $1000 ,have to put him out and all the antibiotics to go with it.:eek:Well I have been working pretty steady this week (evenings) and I guess my buddy is getting some denture work.I guy at work told me I was crazy:rolleyes:,so I told him one more comment about my cat and he would be supplying the new teeth;)

Kevin

Now thats funny...:D

Be glad he dont need braces!!!

:biggrin: