Lost bolts.

1BUICKGN

I'm in the process of putting my we4 together and i can't seem to find the bolts that hold the timing chain gear to the cam. i also haven't been able to find the the two small bolts for the oil pan pick-up tube. i was just wondering if anybody new the thread sizes on them.i just put the pan on so nothing would get into the engine. i just wanted to say thanks in advance....:)

Attachments

• 100_0395.jpg
    100_0395.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_0396.jpg
    100_0396.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 177
thanks mark, i was thinking that i might be able to pick up something that would work at the local hardware store.

The cam bolts are 5/16-18 and are 3/4" long. The oil pump pick-up bolts are 1/4-20. You'll have to use allen head (socket head) bolts for clearance. The factory pick-up bolts have a 5/16 head size. I have used allen bolts many times. 1" in length should do it. Use red lock-tite on both bolts, too. Cam and oil pump pick-up.

bolts

I went to the hardware store on wensday morning and picked up the 1/4-20oil pick up tube bolts.then i went through the three coffee cans full of misc automotive bolts and that's where i ended up finding the two bolts for the cam that were the right size and length. i just wanted to say thanks to ken for the info.:cool: