Looks like I'll be back in the Buick game shortly...

yullose

Certified Gun Nut
I sold my GN almost 2 years ago to a guy in Oregon...

It's changed hands again and is now in Tennessee...

A few months ago the new owner tracked me down with a few questions. I gave him all the info I could recall, along with a bunch of old pics I had of the build.

A couple weeks ago he contacted me again and asked if I'd be interested in buying it back. We came to an agreement... and it looks like I should have the car back in PA by mid January. :D

I can't wait.

I NEVER should have sold that car in the first place.

I never even took the build info out of my sigline.

I'm 'gonna have to read back through a bunch of my old threads to remember what all I did to it. :p

Thats Funny!

you know......... once you go black, you'll never go back.

welcome back! LOL

Cool! Always thought you contributed some great threads here. Good to have you back. Hopefully the car is still as good as when you had it. Was thinking about possibly selling mine, then I took it out yesterday for the first time in about a month and :biggrin:

I understand it has changed very little... and what was changed, was done for the better.

I sold it without a headliner, and I believe the interior is now finished and mint.

The Weld Pro Stars and drag radials were swapped out for a set of 16" GNX-style wheels, which I am not personally fond of... so those will likely be replaced with a set of Weld RT's, two of which are included with the sale.

I'm buying it back for a little more than I sold it for, but not by much... and to me, the car is worth it. The seller is a great guy and appreciates what I put into the car, so he is being very accommodating for me and making the transaction smooth and seamless.

I couldn't ask for a better situation.

Thas funny..........I have known a few people to sell their TB and get another one a few years later. I have really contmeplated selling mine even drove it to a few car shows with for sale signs and listed it on a few sites.

just when I drive it it puts a big smile on my face!:biggrin:

Welcome back!

So how did your gun shop pan out then? Hope business is doing well?

No, business sucks, thanks to the economy and the customers suck even worse.

I probably throw out a half-dozen people every week for various reasons... Criminals, straw-buyers, gang thugs, etc... I hate this business and wouldn't recommend it to ANYONE... at least not in my area.
If I were out in the boonies away from the city, it probably wouldn't be as bad.

Thas funny..........I have known a few people to sell their TB and get another one a few years later. I have really contmeplated selling mine even drove it to a few car shows with for sale signs and listed it on a few sites.

just when I drive it it puts a big smile on my face!:biggrin:

Welcome back!

This car was my third Turbo Buick, and was by far the best of them all. I regretted selling it from the day it left on the car carrier.

This car was my third Turbo Buick, and was by far the best of them all. I regretted selling it from the day it left on the car carrier.

I hear a on that, my current Buick is the 3rd '87 Gn I have owned. I lost my first 2 to bad car wrecks, I never go to accomplish my goals with the other two cars so I build this 3rd one. I really love these things even know they can sometimes be a PITA!
Frome your sig looks like you got a sweet ride that I am sure is a very fun street car!

Cool! Always thought you contributed some great threads here. Good to have you back. Hopefully the car is still as good as when you had it. Was thinking about possibly selling mine, then I took it out yesterday for the first time in about a month and :biggrin:

I get too many cool things from you! You can't get rid of your car...I'd be afraid new products would go with it...

I've lusted after my current and 1st TR since I was 10 years old. It angers me often though, but threads like this remind me of what life was like before it and that reminds me of why I need to keep it...and buy more of them... Thanks for all the great input guys.

hopefully the car will now do what it was suppose to do :cool: Its a shame nobody "used" the car.

hopefully the car will now do what it was suppose to do :cool: Its a shame nobody "used" the car.

Yeah, I really regret not getting a timeslip before selling it.

I'm really grateful that the current owner is selling the car back to me. It's not often people get an opportunity like this.

My biggest concern is what damage/wear n tear may have occurred while out of my possession. Rest assured, I will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb when it comes home. :D
A few pics right before it left for Oregon with the first buyer.
DSC07869 (2).JPG
DSC07859 (2).jpg
DSC07861 (2).JPG
DSC07862 (2).JPG

And a pic for the motorheads. :tongue:
DSC07514 (2).JPG

Congrats man, that is great you are getting "your baby" back. I almost ALWAYS regret selling cars... Great to know you are getting it back! Make sure you post pics of its return!

Too Cool in my book man! Glad to hear the car is coming back home! I hope this time, you will trash the heck out of it though. lol Please keep us all informed of all track outings. :)

Just to update this old thread... The deal on the GN fell through for a number of reasons. Either way... the GN now belongs to a guy in Ohio, and I decided to buy a 2005 Corvette instead. lol

I've already started making changes to it...
DSC00318x800.jpg

DSC003242.jpg

Nice looking car! Sorry to hear about the GN deal falling through, that sucks... It was a beautiful car that looked very nicely done. Love the stance. Do you remember what springs were in it; front and rear?

Nice looking car! Sorry to hear about the GN deal falling through, that sucks... It was a beautiful car that looked very nicely done. Love the stance. Do you remember what springs were in it; front and rear?

They were just stock springs that I cut until I got the stance I wanted.

I'd still like to have another GN... but that won't happen for awhile now. I have too many things I'd like to do to the Vette first.