Looking to purchase a Handgun....what is recommended

Let me know the accuracy of your .40 S & M. And thanks for making me aware of Bill Wolf....I was suprised that his price was lower than Buds. That's nice to know and I'll probably give him a call when I can save up enough for my XDM.

Is he a private dealer? Can you get any type of gun from Bill? I surmise that he sent the gun first to your FFL dealer, right? Let me know. If I get a lower price from him, I'll have to get him to send it to my local FFL dealer.

Congrats on your new weapon. It's real nice. I LOVE Smith & Wessons. Very well made. What made you decide on this one?

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce monday when i pick up my gun i will try to get a quote on that gun for you...it may or may not be cheaper but i will check....

This is my CCW

Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry. Absolutely LOVE the way this gun handles and shoots! BTW the Crimson Grips are not gimicky the WORK great.

6927832191.jpg

Can't go wrong with one IMO, tried and true. I like my Smith 686 SSR.

123523d1299898873-handguns-001.jpg

Now that's a real nice one....I'm a Smith and Wesson fan. Beautiful gun and design....

Did you check out the 686P? I almost got one, but then Scot W. changed my mind.

Can't beat that stainless Smith, they are, in my honest opinion, (oh, wait, I was supposed to just give the internet abbreviation for this, sorry!:rolleyes here I go....IMOP,(how's that?) great to shoot, easy to keep clean and will practially last forever, being that Smith offers a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Love that design, real nice! Does it kick, is it loud? It's good that not only can you shoot .357s in it, you can use .38 specials to save a little money and hone in on your shooting skills, save the .357 ammo to "donate" to the bad guys.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce

Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry. Absolutely LOVE the way this gun handles and shoots! BTW the Crimson Grips are not gimicky the WORK great.

6927832191.jpg

Love this, too. Almost bought one last year...it sure is pretty, love the wood grips.

The Crimson Trace works great, as I have them on my .44. Glad you have them, too, and looks to fit real nice, out of the way. Sure is intimidating when you point that thing and see the red dot on something. I was going to put those laser labels that came with my Crimson Trace Laser Grips on my gun, like yours, but since I'm in the habit of cleaning my gun after after shooting outing, I'm afraid the Hobb's No. 9 cleaner will ruin it and eventually slide off...otherwise I would have installed those labels, too. Looks cool on that Kimber. Wow, I will say again, it's pretty, really.

Kimber is a top notch weapon, from what I've read and heard. Wow, it's pretty. Good choice. I'm kind of jealous now.:rolleyes:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Now that's a real nice one....I'm a Smith and Wesson fan. Beautiful gun and design....

Did you check out the 686P? I almost got one, but then Scot W. changed my mind.

Can't beat that stainless Smith, they are, in my honest opinion, (oh, wait, I was supposed to just give the internet abbreviation for this, sorry!:rolleyes here I go....IMOP,(how's that?) great to shoot, easy to keep clean and will practially last forever, being that Smith offers a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Love that design, real nice! Does it kick, is it loud? It's good that not only can you shoot .357s in it, you can use .38 specials to save a little money and hone in on your shooting skills, save the .357 ammo to "donate" to the bad guys.:biggrin:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce

Bruce, Yep the 686P is another great L-frame revolver from S&W. Here is a really good video review on it against a Colt Python~ [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j26aIgo667w[/YOUTUBE]

There is not much kick at all with .38 specials, .357s are a different story but not too bad considering mine is a 4" barrel (I'm sure a 6" would have even less recoil).

I had the S&W 40VE and liked it alot. Sold it for alot more than i paid for it so i couldnt resist the sale. Picked up a XD40 and love this gun.

I like the good old 1911s. They are too big (for a small dude like me) to carry without massive printing under the shirt though. If you are going to carry I'd get a freaking Glock. Those guns do not fail.

hand guns

I went to the range this evening to see how the M&P .40 performed with a rusty operator. It's been 8 years since I last shot a weapon of any kind. 35, 50, & 65 feet was the distance I shot from. Standard 3 dot sights. No lasers, no night sights, no special guidance systems lol. 2 hand free fire from the sitting position (wheelchair) . The .40 has some muzzle climb but all in all feels very sweet. I would hate to be a bad guy on the other end of it that's for sure! :eek:

Here's a picture of the target from the range. I brought it home to stare at :biggrin:

Attachments

• SAM_0389.jpg
    SAM_0389.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 252
handgun

X1 Real nice. Good choice....looks pretty easy to field strip. How does it shoot?

Bruce '87 Grand National

It's very sweet. After having owned and shot many .40 rounds through an H&K usp & Sig Sauer 226 considering this was a few hundred bucks or so cheaper it is very comparable. 100 rounds through it as of now when the time comes for a field strip I will update the info here. Feels great. Very pleased. Just fyi I paid $500.00 plus tax for it new. I've seen them from $500.00 to $650.00.

Well, my wife carries the gun below left, a Tarus Judge, shoots both 44 mag shells and .410 shot gun shells :eek:

While I carry a small Walther PPKS 380 in right pic. Both are fabulous guns for their purpose.

Attachments

• taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif
    taurus-judge-410-3-inch-2.gif
    31.8 KB · Views: 216
  • wal_ppks.jpg
    wal_ppks.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 220
handgun

Well, my wife carries a Tarus Judge, shoots both 44 mag shells and .410 shot gun shells :eek:

While I carry a small Walther PPKS 380. Both are fabulous guns for their purpose.

That's cool

Well, my wife carries the gun below left, a Tarus Judge, shoots both 44 mag shells and .410 shot gun shells :eek:

While I carry a small Walther PPKS 380 in right pic. Both are fabulous guns for their purpose.

Can you post a pic of the shell thats in Judge.....nice guns

Can you post a pic of the shell thats in Judge.....nice guns
Sorry it took a while, took 3 tries to finally get clear pic...bullets don't like being photographed :D Oh, not 44 mags, but Colt 45's it also shoots. Can shoot either type of .410 shoot, bird or buck, but they also make a special .410 sheel just for this pistol that has a more predictable and consentrated pattern. Haven't shot it yet, but will in the next few weeks when both our schedules let us get to the range one weekend. 2 of her girlfriends carry this same gun and they said its not as bad as they thought the kick would be having shot other guns before.

Attachments

• DSC06640.JPG
    DSC06640.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 200