looking to max out combo...

Ok, as I think about it I have to ask what stall for the 6262? Is it possible, with my setup, to run mid-low 11's with a low stall? Would this be the turbo for that?

I guess this is directed towards Dusty, and yes it's along the lines of making my slightly built long block drive with street manors and run 11's all day long at the track. It's probably the way most of us want to go, then we realize either we have gone the way of track car or street car. We're all in search of the perfect mix!

Ok, as I think about it I have to ask what stall for the 6262? Is it possible, with my setup, to run mid-low 11's with a low stall? Would this be the turbo for that?

I guess this is directed towards Dusty, and yes it's along the lines of making my slightly built long block drive with street manors and run 11's all day long at the track. It's probably the way most of us want to go, then we realize either we have gone the way of track car or street car. We're all in search of the perfect mix!

I'd run a 2600-2800 stall with the 6262. Louie posted good feedback of a DBB 6262 with a stock converter. Something in the 2800 range is plenty for any version of the 6262.

If the 6262 is anything like the 6265 that I bought you'll be very satisfied. I was in the process of tuning, the new combo that is in my sig until I snapped the intermediate shaft in the trans. ;)

Thank you guys on all the info. After all my research and about 20 changes of mind I think I'll be going with the 6262. I think it'll work great just bolted on, then I'll buy a converter to match. Great info, thanks everybody!

i have the 6262 journal and with the ported heads and roller cam i went with one of dustys 10" 3k converters. If i was to do all over again i wouldve gone with a 6765. Dont get me wrong its a totally different car from when i first bought it but you know what they say, its never fast enough :biggrin:.

thanks for the feedback. I know what you mean by never fast enough, and so does my wallet.