Looking to get a street bike

trbo6gn

ok well ive been thinking it over and i am gonna get a street bike. what kind of bike would u guys recommend getting. im a biggger guy around 6'4 and i am gonna need something big. ive been looking at the gsxr 600 and 750 what would u guys recommend

There is only 1 true American Bike. Buy a Harley and be done with it, big boy like you, buy a Road King Classic. Leave the ricer rockets for the girls, ride a mans machine. :D :D

if you're gonna ride a cruiser get a polaris ,american made, will lay the smack down on a harley and cheaper to purchase. oh yeah and better warranty.
if you're going rocket w/ your size you'll need a BUSA.

Originally posted by njturbo
There is only 1 true American Bike. Buy a Harley and be done with it, big boy like you, buy a Road King Classic. Leave the ricer rockets for the girls, ride a mans machine. :D :D

Thats just funny.........on so many levels.

As for a bike.....obviously the poster is looking at something that makes decent power, handles, stops, and is fairly reliable......

Im a big guy 6'5" 250 and would never consider riding a 600 or 750.....way tooo unconfortable.....

If its your first bike don t get a new one......86+ ninja 900's zx 10, zx 11.....all good bikes that won t do anything as fast as a 600 or 750 which can get you in trouble....(except accelerate)

xx hondas, busas are pretty comfy......I have a turboed/intercooled zx11, its more comfy then the busa, not much but is, and I have the pegs lowered 3/4 of an inch on the zx.
The xx is real nice too, just not as much of a hotrod as the suzuki or zx........Big long bikes don t turn in as fast don t wheelie all that unexpectedly etc.......but they do go like hell in a straight line.

3-5k gets a zx11, 6-8k gets busas or xx's.......
then theres the concours, fj's too.....not bad for more of a cruiser.

Did you know that the nhra pro stock bike has the import 2 valve limit at 87 cubes, the import 4 valve limit at 83 ( I thnk) but a harley can be as big as 200 cubes just to make them competitive! I thought that was funny too.

There are two kinds of motorcycle riders. Those who have wrecked and those who will wreck in the future. It will happen sooner or later. I have since given up my bike days simply because people just dont look out for poeple on motorcycles. Luckily, I got rid of mine after a few close calls, before I became a rider who would have wrecked in the future. Good luck, whatever you do.

Brad

i looked at the busa and that thing i would b guarenteed to kill myself on. i sat on a gsxr 750 and it wasn't too bad but the tank was a bit uncomfortable. i love harley's dont get me wrong. but me being 19 having a harley wouldn't exactly b wut i want. i want something that will run balls to the wall fast.