Looking to buy gn...please help!!

ya so im planning on getting a gn 4 sure...but now i have to get a daily driver 4 around $4k....i want something good lookin reliable and cheap..dont care about performance....was thninking about a 90-96 300zx NA but the insurance is prob$$...u guys(lol and ladies)have any suggestions?

some people may say yeah or nah but I can tell you that we have to GM j body cars. 98 cavleir and 92 sunbird. cav has 136000 the sunbird has 159000 and other than a timing belt on the sunbird an alternator on the cav and a couple of sets of wires on the bird they have been very reliable. I have found low mieage ones to be in that price range a couple of years old. Easy to work on and cheap.

ya i know that j-bodys r reliable but i want something good looking too...was checking out bmw 525s...they seem to run up to 300k miles with very few problems...also checking out used infiniti q45s and acura legends...i really dont want to have to drive an economy car...i want something comfy and good looking for the daily grind and the gn for times when im not gonna b goin 5mph in LA traffic...i dont know!

Be careful on Q45's. I had one and leved everything about it but the tranny. They go out pretty regularly and are VERY expensive to rebuild. $2000++

I doubt though you will be able to find one for the 4K you are wnating to spend though. Unless I am missing something.

actually there is a load of them in autotrader...alot have around 100k miles which is pretty resonable.....i have a grand national question(this is going to make me sound like such a noob!)...y does noone make a blow off valve for the gn...is a bypass valve the only thing that really works on a gn??

The Boost on these cars uses and internal waste gate system that uses an actuator that operates on boost and a waste gate solenoid that the ECM uses to bleed off boost to the actuator until a certain boost is attained. The actuator opens the waste gate puck and bleeds pressure from around the exhaust wheel to the downpipe. Some will argue about a blow off valve but I personally do not beleive our cars nee them. Using the automatic trans really negates the necessity for one of these. Some will say that they help save the turbo but I do not have one and have almost 100,000 on one and numersous miles on the fast car with no problems. I do not feel they are worth the money. Spend it else where on go fast goodies. Leave the noise makers to the ricer crowd. Actually the Smaller diplacement manual shift cars are helped by this. They help to keep the turbo spooled up during gear changes.

ya thanks alot...i guess i would rather have some silent hp so that people who dont know what a gn is can get smoked by a hissing v6!...i think that some domestic car guys r really harsh on imports on these forums....i think its really important to keep an open mind when it comes to this stuff....i know alot of these guys with civics talk alot of smack but u gotta let ur car do the talking....i mean u would never catch me buying a civic but i do respect alot of these imports..i did quite alot of street racing b4 and i have seen built all-motor civics smoke very suped 5.0's...the one great thing about the grand national is that it is respected by both import guys and domestic guys(who know what it is)....
P.S.=i got the chance to drive a mitsubishi evo 8 and man was that thing awsome...

bah...been looking around alot....seems like there r plenty of gns around for $10k.....just wondering...has anyone bought one on ebay??(im pretty skeptical about buying a car like a gn without seeing it in person..not to mention driving it:D )