Looking to buy a .22 Rifle

Just picked up a Mossberg 715. I know they're prone to a few problems which can be worked thru, but for $254 ???? Who can refuse???

Just wish I'd gotten a 10-22 youth model before they all went bye bye....

At least the Mossberg is light enough and has adjustable buttstock so the little ones can still enjoy shooting with us as they get big enough for it. I'm sure I'll have worked out the feeding and loading defects myself to make it perform well by then....

Didn't read through the posts but IMO the best 22 is the M&P 15-22! I LOVE THEM! Rugers are great as well...

Depends on what you want to do with it...

The Ruger has TONS of aftermarket stuff you can make it look like a AR or a straight hunting rifle...

Just picked up a Mossberg 715. I know they're prone to a few problems which can be worked thru, but for $254 ???? Who can refuse???

At least the Mossberg is light enough and has adjustable buttstock so the little ones can still enjoy shooting with us as they get big enough for it. I'm sure I'll have worked out the feeding and loading defects myself to make it perform well by then....
DOnt let anyone tell you otherwise about that mossberg. My buddy has one and it has only had a few failure to feeds after about 1000 rounds in one day. Only downside to the 715 is the breaking it down part.Great little gun for the price. Only thing I can say is when you take off the magazine release to break the gun down and clean it, do NOT strip that little screw. Its very easy to do. Plenty of youtube vids on it.
I have a 15-22 and I just picked up a Heavy Barreled 597. Looking for something on the accurate side. 15-22 is a blast, but the grouping at 50 yards is so so, Im trying to shoot through same holes.

DOnt let anyone tell you otherwise about that mossberg. My buddy has one and it has only had a few failure to feeds after about 1000 rounds in one day. Only downside to the 715 is the breaking it down part.Great little gun for the price. Only thing I can say is when you take off the magazine release to break the gun down and clean it, do NOT strip that little screw. Its very easy to do. Plenty of youtube vids on it.
I have a 15-22 and I just picked up a Heavy Barreled 597. Looking for something on the accurate side. 15-22 is a blast, but the grouping at 50 yards is so so, Im trying to shoot through same holes.

Here'd mine
9EDA2437-D602-45C8-B51F-F8EAF27F8B5B-9756-000016BA87FCF3C6_zps0463cfc9.jpg

D9B2679E-693A-4F1D-95E0-9EFE7F52A1E8-9756-000016BAAD5600DF_zps68e2cbec.jpg

CC530C4B-F794-41F0-8956-A23BAACF00D1-9756-000016BAA3B66202_zps1ddb945b.jpg

A good cheap buy is a Mossberg 702 plinkster, $107 at WalMart here in Montana. I had one, not bad, I do love my 10/22 though...

I've looked for one of the carbon fiber 10-22 bull barrels but haven't seen any lately. I want to build mine up a little so I guess I need to look around some for parts.

congrats cant wait to see it. i hope youll enjoy it its alot cheaper to shoot than anything else right now

Still waiting in my backround check. You guys have it made without backround checks. Today is the 6th day. FAIL