Looking for TTA owners in Colorado

my85grandnation

85 Triple Threat
Hey guys I am a member of a car club in the Colorado Springs CO area and on Saturday the 7th of July our club is having a show and I plan on having all three of my hotairs there for it. I have a few other friends in town with Turbo Regals that said they would try and come as well. I would like to invite all of you that live near by to come join us to see how many Turbo Buicks we can have together. The show runs from 4-8PM at the Garden of the Gods Visitor Center which is located at 1805 N. 30th street here in the Springs and it is free. We have a door prize drawing at the end with some pretty neat prizes, and then following that we go on a couple miles cruise. Please let me know if you can make it so I know how many spots to save so we can all be lined up together. Hope to see some of you there. Dusty

Well, I'm still here. I'm out in Parker. I'll check with SWMBO to see if I can go, but sounds like a lot of fun.

Sounds good. I am trying to get in touch with Bob here in the springs that has a TTA to see if he can join us as well. He came last year when we did this so Im sure if he can he will this time as well. The more we get the better. Just let me know if you can that way I can save us all spots to be lined up together. Thanks Dusty

I checked with the wife and she says it's cool. One of the things I don't care too much for here in Denver is that there are no Turbo Buick clubs that get together or anything. I hardly ever see a GN, T-Type or TTA anywhere. All the ones that you ever see I alreadyhave met the owners and they are not really into that sort of thing. Hopefully, we'll have a good turnout down there.

Sounds good. So far I have like 5 Turbo Regals confirmed as of now, two that are checking, another 1-2 TTA's here in the Springs. As long as everyone that says they are going does and the weather holds out we will have a great turnout. Thanks for posting that over on the other site.

I may be out of town....If I'm here, I'll find my way to the garden of the gods visitor's center (one mile from my house). Would enjoy seeing everyone again. :)

Anyone else going to the show? I still need to wash the car and give 'er a coat of wax. Hope to see some of you there.:smile:

I think Bob from here in the Springs is bringing his TTA, and he said he knew another guy down here he was going to talk to.

I never even looked at the time as to when the show started! :eek: I don't know if I'll be able to make it then since I have dinner with a friend from out of town. I will see if I can cancel our plans to go to the show......will keep you posted my85grandnation.

Changed my plans around so I'll be able to go. I am leaving here around 2:30 so I'll be there about 3:30. See you there!!!!

Cool Ill save a spot for you. You might beat me there though? Im hoping to leave my house by 3:30 which is about 5-10 mins away. I just finished getting my one GN back together last night so my G/F will drive it and Ill have my good one as well as my dads T-Type there.

Good turn-out, guys! We had 2 TTAs, 4 GNs and a T-Type. Not bad at all! I have some pics here at home, but I wanted to edit one of them so here are all but 1:

Attachments

• 100_2043.jpg
    100_2043.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_2047.jpg
    100_2047.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 100_2051.jpg
    100_2051.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 38
Thanks for coming Walt. I had a lot of fun. I will let you know next time we try and do an event like that. Let me know if you ever want to just come down to one of our shows again or meet up over at that weekly show down here. Dusty

I enjoyed seeing the turbo cars all together in a row. Was fabulous weather and a good crowd. Walt, can you crop that Mustang grille out of the picture....(inside joke here) ;) The difference between cars and their ride and condition is interesting: Your 70k mile TTA rides quieter than my 19K TTA did. That is a real nice car.

My brother and I really enjoyed all the cars there....Even saw a 1951 Henry J! After the turbo cars, my favorite was the 32 ford convertable. Only a mile from the house, its really convenient to see that monthly show :)

Good job Dusty :cool: Your girlfriend sure lit up as she described her drive over in the GN. Your three TRs add some gravitas to the show. :)