looking for TR short block!!!

SloNoMo

Well, I think its time!!!! Looking for a short block right now....Anybody have reasonable prices on these?, or where I could find one??

Later,
Mack

Mack, how bad was it that ya need another block?

Randy Hall
Oak Hills, CA
Gateway to the High Desert...

1955 Chevy 2dr sedan 350cu in/671Blown/4-speed
Some times in Life IMAGE IS EVERYTHING

87 Turbo T Limited
Brutal Six Racing
http://members.aol.com/skooby66/index.htm

How many do you need ?

I have extra blocks 949-770-5956 Im located in Lake forest. Thats in south Orange county Regards Lou

Hey Randy,

I had the car fixed with a few additional mods....while he was in the motor he opened up the bottom end and found that the stock stuff is wearing out.......Also found out the block has been done .060 over bore, so if anything happens the block is trash!! I didn't have any idea about that one! So I'm kind of preparing just in case the worst case scenario happens....Rather be proactive than reactive.....I had everthing replaced on the top side of the motor....heads, cam, timing chain, had a crack in the driver side header, intake, Throttle body......then I find out the bottom end is weak...........Go figure!!!!! If find anything let me know, and I can see what I can do.....

Thanks Randy

Later,
Mack

Originally posted by SloNoMo
Well, I think its time!!!! Looking for a short block right now....Anybody have reasonable prices on these?, or where I could find one??

Later,
Mack

Re: How many do you need ?

How much we talking Lou???? Complete short block, what does that include and how old is the block.....how much over is it???

Thanks,
Mack

Originally posted by turbolou
I have extra blocks 949-770-5956 Im located in Lake forest. Thats in south Orange county Regards Lou

Short Block

I know of a local shop that has a complete engine for sale. This is brand new with intake, T.B., heads, cam, sensors, stock fuel injectors, rail, exhaust headers etc. It has never been fired up and completely stock from the factory. If you would like, I can get a price for you.
Jeff Rand

Re: Short Block

Thanks Jeff!!!!,

I would very much appreciate it........I really don't need the top half of the motor, but will take it as a complete package......Let me know how much they want for it!!

Thanks,
Mack

Originally posted by Jeff Rand
I know of a local shop that has a complete engine for sale. This is brand new with intake, T.B., heads, cam, sensors, stock fuel injectors, rail, exhaust headers etc. It has never been fired up and completely stock from the factory. If you would like, I can get a price for you.
Jeff Rand

Short Block

Mack, I think my friends shop is closed until Jan. 2. I will try to call him on Friday (12/27) and get back to you.
Jeff Rand

Short Block

Mack, look in the parts posting and there is a '87 long block for sale priced at $1600.
Jeff Rand