looking for tool to remove headrests.

brisbon

looking for tool to remove headrests.

does anyone know a way to remove them without or the kentmore tool # fro the two flat metal pieces you slide down the headrests track to remove them?

Use a hacksaw blade: slide it down the front of the head rest rod. Push down on the headrest and then pull up while pushing down on the blade to keep it seated.

Use a hacksaw blade: slide it down the front of the head rest rod. Push down on the headrest and then pull up while pushing down on the blade to keep it seated.

having difficulties. does the blade get slide down the turbo6 side of the head rest from the top, then the rest is pushed down and pulled up again? (did this several times and it wont budge) i have to have this wrong. i tryed it from the bottom too but it doesnt make sense to go from the bottom.

having difficulties. does the blade get slide down the turbo6 side of the head rest from the top, then the rest is pushed down and pulled up again? (did this several times and it wont budge) i have to have this wrong. i tryed it from the bottom too but it doesnt make sense to go from the bottom.

Body manual instructions.

1. Raise head restraint to full up position.

2. Insert hacksaw blade down front surface of head restraint post 4 1/2 inches. Push downward 3/8 inch on head rest and hacksaw blade at the same timeto release detent; then lift headrestraint to anti removal lock position.

3. Repeat step 2 to remove head restraint from seatback.

4. To reinstall, insert all the way down into seat back and make sure lock spring engages and prevents head restraint from being removed.

I will try this on my car tomorrow. Post your results. Brad

Body manual instructions.

1. Raise head restraint to full up position.

2. Insert hacksaw blade down front surface of head restraint post 4 1/2 inches. Push downward 3/8 inch on head rest and hacksaw blade at the same timeto release detent; then lift headrestraint to anti removal lock position.

3. Repeat step 2 to remove head restraint from seatback.

4. To reinstall, insert all the way down into seat back and make sure lock spring engages and prevents head restraint from being removed.

I will try this on my car tomorrow. Post your results. Brad

This works. Figured it out years ago when this forum didnt exist. A slim jim could be used also