Looking for the GN that raced a WS6 w/TX LP, in South Florida, on Sharidan St.

Originally posted by jsta6

Hey V8, one of the bolts is stripped out on my turbo, and my wastegate is bowed-out in the middle becuase of it. Long story...you wouldn't understand these kind of things becuase you are not man enough to drive your racecar everday like we do...;)

:) So, manlyness is based upon everyday driver huh? I just got tired of driving my car around as an 11 second daily driver, started getting too used to it and began to feel slow, so I turned it into more of a handful as a 9-teen stock looking Stang. So where's your 9 second license?;)

Originally posted by Kevin Turch
I dont know how u guys do it in florida in july. I dont think id leave the house its so damn hot down there, the cars must run like poop in al lthat heat.

The weather down here makes everything poop. I don't want to go out of my either bu tI have to get to work somehow. Stay in NY its better there. Thats where i'm from. I won't run before 8 at night usually, unless something too good to pass up shows up at a light.

yeah, but the salt on the snow in NJ will kill your car. (rust).
==============

OIC. Buddies with Jason/z28.com or something?

In the afternoon:
Just West of the overpass on Sheridan st. The cops like to hide in the driveway to the storage place. Where you made your u-turn. The cop told me "it is like shooting fish in a barrel". That place is so easy to speed. I knew they hide there, and I still got a ticket. Luckily, the cop was a cool guy (he had an impala ss), and he let me off with just a seatbelt violation.

In the morning:
They swarm all over the place underneath the bridge at I-95 and Sheridan st.

I know about a million others. I just don't speed in Hollywood anymore. Except when I saw you...I drive my GN everyday and I can never find anyone to race, but when I saw you, I had to...:D

Nope, not jason/z28.com...

Bruce A.Toelle
“WE4” hooked me up, he also told me, if any one has a problem with my title, to take it up with him :D

Don't speed in Hollywood, got it. I'll try not to anymore.
I drive my WS6 everyday and it is hard to find anything to race. I found a Ferrari 456 on Sunday morning on 95, when I was going to check out the AutoX thing in south Miami. (Beat the 456 from a highway roll and from a stop :) )

hey i striped a bolt to how do i fix it shawn i get like 14 pounds thats it its the middle bolt and it has a little play in it and i think its a problem. oh and how about side by side race u the trans am and me that would be a site lol.

Hey supa. That is the one...

I am probably going to try a bigger bolt for now.

Jeff at Economy has a way to fix it. Something about taping it out to a bigger size, and then melting/burning in a peice of metal to accept the original screw size. I forgot what the procedure was called.
============
v8, 9 second pass, what do you do the other 86,391 seconds of the day?:cool:

i was going to pull the turbo and stick a heil coil kit in it but its a pain to do cause i got to pull the turbo off let me know what you do but i think the only why to do a real good fix is the drill it then screw the kit in and change the bolt size man what a pain. is the car running good other wise cause i have got this studder that is driving me off the wall

Heil coil, that is it!

My car runs ok. I am using a "custom" vss set up that is giving my ECM fits right now. But I am working on it.

Did you reset your IAC, set your TPS, change fuel filter, tap on your MAF, tap your ECM, adjust your fuel pressure, etc?

i changed plug changed coil pack and module wires new computer new mass air new ignition switch plus all u just said i just get it some times not under boost just at low rpms and there is a slight pop at shift under boost. the car still probably runs mid 12s still i raced a jeep with like 500 horse power the other day and left and it was still geting that studder i cant figure it out bro. he runds high 12s and i was a caqr or two ahead and they said with the 4 wheel drive they usally beat everone out the hole .

VSS = vehicle speed sensor

My boost doesn't flutter becuase I have a heavy duty waste gate and a grainger valve.

What about the cam sensor, crank sensor? What is your voltage? Is your fuel pump hot wired? Sounds like maybe a ground problem...

Do you still have the 84?

yeah i got the 84 still trying to sell for 3000. i have low volts never gets past 13 rarely. i think that maybe part of it . it might be the crank sensor to not sure i posted the waste gate problem under tech help.

not hot wired but i am putting in a new walbro 340 to see if ti helps suposesadly it has a poston pump but i dont belive that

Originally posted by SSprayn
I don't post on sffba any more, I used to when I first got into town. Only about 2% of the people there are worth knowing.

Now thats not very nice. *WE* don't go around badmouthing *YOU* now do we???

I sure am glad I didn't see any 9 second Mustangs at the stoplight.

How embarassing would that have been?:rolleyes:

I sure am glad I didn't see any 9 second Mustangs at the stoplight.

How embarassing would that have been?:rolleyes:

That wouldn't be embarassing, that would be cool! I like seeing cars pull the wheels on the street!

Hey, ssprayn (what is your name anyway?), I think I got my wastegate fixed this morning.

Still need to fix my VSS, but I think I can run without it. I will send you a PM.

:D

PS, Mustangs rule!

how did u fix it i was going to pull off the houseing and thenm do it or is there a better way. oh and i found out my car had a jucky fuel pump from bowling green customs which is a discount auto pump with the number scratched out.lol my car pulls hard now but i got to get the drag radials on cause at 12 pounds i blow away the tires.

I fixed my wg and my vss last night!

Unfortunately, now my alchy kit doesn't work.:mad:

I just used a bolt that was a little bit longer and some thread sealer. If it don't hold, I will have Jeff do the heil coil thing.