looking for someone to help me with a knock problem

chumanga

im in the dallas area and cant figure out this damn knock problem... im not as familiar with this car as i would like and nothing seems to work, need some experienced help.

thanks
Lance

Tuner Information

Well, out in Prosper,TX we just got a new tuner who moved in by my house, does work on basically any car but especialy F-Bodies and Buick's. If you would like to contact him and make the hour drive or so from Dallas to Prosper, I'm sure he can fix it. PM/Reply. He's helped me so much since I bought his Buick from him! And continues to help.

chumanga said:
im in the dallas area and cant figure out this damn knock problem... im not as familiar with this car as i would like and nothing seems to work, need some experienced help.

thanks
Lance

Lance, contact Jack Laswell @ International Motorcars in Rowlett @ 972 412 7280. He is the best in the area in tuning a TR.
Tell him I sent you.

Tell us a little bit about what it's doing. Does it knock at 14 lbs of boost, What's your Fuel Pressure doing under boost, is this a stocker or do you have a list of mods, etc...

well i spoke with john for a lil while the other day, and this completely slipped my mind but could be the problem, my car is a hot air... sooo my chip may be advancing the timing as if it was a IC car... but im going to do what my original plan was before and get some race fuel in it =).. but my car isnt inspected so i cant just drive it the hole week to use up all the 93 ive got in it now... only 3/4s of a tank left to go...

as far as what it is doing, it was gettin 1psi knock... not doing that anymore but it wont go over 10 psi. forever i thought my DP was hitting the firewall but i just fixed that and its still doing it, so im going to get another chip burned if the race fuel causes it to dissapear confirmin that its a real knock prob and not a false knock. and make sure its made for a hot air car and not a IC car... i dont remember seeing anything specific about my chip being for a hot air... its just has ta49 and 009's on the bag it came in..

my mods are now in sig =) should have done that a long time ago as many times as ive typed them out.....

thanks for the help so far :biggrin:

I'm no pro but I am quite familiar with the troubles of a hot-air car (see sig). You have quite a list of mods on that car....it should be running 12's with all those parts quite easily. If you cant figure it out I'll try to help ya.

o sweet dude, u r in duncanville!!! i live in desoto!!! =P

pm or post your phone number and ill give u a call

or call me, my number is 214-957-5296 names Lance

Later