looking for smc part

msboost

I bought it in 2002 and it a alc1 alcohol injection -TR. the part I need is the plastic switch that opens and closes the the flow into the line. it's leaking.

I bought it in 2002 and it a alc1 alcohol injection -TR. the part I need is the plastic switch that opens and closes the the flow into the line. it's leaking.
i just replaced my SMC system with ALKY system, My smc system was working fine but it was time to upgrade, if you want i will sell the whole smc kit i have for 100.00 plus shipping I'll take some pic and attach them later

pic of smc kit
2014-01-08 20.44.12.jpg
2014-01-08 20.46.31.jpg
2014-01-08 20.47.18.jpg
2014-01-08 20.50.25.jpg
2014-01-08 20.49.20.jpg

Funny how injection kits have come a long way.

Msboost, that kit suffered from bad connections on the RCA jacks that attached power to the pump. The epoxy would decay due to having alcohol hitting it, coupled with the fact it was inserted into a brass fitting. Nothing sticks to brass.. so the alcohol will work its way up the inside of the brass and attack the tin creating a bad condition. Then.. Over time the body of the pump will rust and the debris from the rust will settle at the bottom of the tank, eventually getting into the motor and seizing it. The switch thats leaking you can get a hobbs switch to replace it, but should be looking at replacing the system due to its age. There is a reason the design changed to an external pump. And during the era of this kit is when I started making my own. Addressing what where short comings and simply improving on them. At that time too SMC came out with the new kit using an external pump. Cute to see someone messing with one of these older systems.

Good luck,