Looking for Recommendations for Spark Plug Type and Gap

BADAZZV6

Slippery When Boosted
I'm looking for recommendations for what type of spark plug & gap people are running with Razor's Meth kit.

Last time I drove it several years ago, whenever at WOT and +22 psi boost levels it would make a loud noise, throw an ignition type fault and then run like crap until I cleared the code. I think it was a flame out. When I turned the boost down to around 16 or so it would not do it at WOT. I still have the NGK spark plugs at .32 gap in it and thought I might go back to stock R44TS at a tight .32. If anyone else has ever experienced this condition/fault combo, please feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
Try R43TS plugs gapped at a tight .035. The problem at higher boost may be due To a bad coil pack.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't think about a bad coil pack so i'll give them check.

The pass fail check on the coil pack is to measure the resistance between the pairs of coils front to back. Do it while the engine is hot. All readings should be between 11K ohms and 13k ohms.

Sounds like a weak coil pack. As far as plugs go. NGK YR5 gapped at 28-30. I am of the opinion that recessed tipped plugs are a better option for boosted and nitrous applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pass fail check on the coil pack is to measure the resistance between the pairs of coils front to back. Do it while the engine is hot. All readings should be between 11K ohms and 13k ohms.
That's not a guaranteed pass. Looking at the actual spark is a much better indicator. Plenty of could that are around 11k (depending on temp) and don't fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the coils cold before I saw your post, they were all 11.8k. I'll do them again hot. I will also check the condition of the spark to see if any look worse then others. Thanks for the help.

Does sound more like an ignition issue ie; coil pack. Before I went to the TR6, mine seemed to weaken after about 5 years.

I always kept a known good spare coil pack/ignition module so it could be thrown in in case of an issue.

3 parts are must have spares.. MAF, ECM, and Ignition module/coil pack.. if those three are swapped out and problems persist.. your in deep doo doo.