Looking for Pros and Cons of 60/65lb High Imp. Injectors

GNut

I'm seriously considering a setup using the new high impedance 60/65lb injectors. I'd like some "Real world" input from you folks running these new squirts.

The obvious pro is you don't need to modify the ECM to use them. The only thing kinda bugging me is I've seen quite a few sets for sale on the boards lately and I'm concerned that folks aren't as happy with them as they thought they'd be.

My goal is to de-tune the monster motor and acheive a real world low 11 sec. Street/Strip cruiser running on 93 octane pump gas. (The motor was built for 9's and has all the goodies... Champion GN1's w/ matching intake, 30 over J&E's on a 10/10 turbo crank, billet main caps, 50% external balance w/SFI balancer and flywheel, 70mm TB on an Accufab housing, etc, etc.)

Tuning will be done w/ a TransPro and chip.. Ok... Let the opinions fly!

I have 57lb high impedence injectors and my car runs fantastic with them! It idles nice, gets decent mileage and at the GS Nationals this year we ran a 10:78 @ 126 mph at 21 lbs boost in a fully loaded car that weighs over 3650 lbs with me in it. The car is 99.99% a street car. My wife and I have taken long drives in the car in 90° weather this summer with the AC on with no problems. Paul

I have been driving them all this year. I have a custom mail order tune from Jay Carter. 10.9 @ 127 is my only run down the 1.4 with them. Daily driven. Runs perfect. I have 2 chips from Jay. 16 deg street chip and 24.5 deg race chip.

ive been running them for a little under a year probably in my car with over 10000 on them and they are a great injector. Mileage is great and there is plenty of room to grow later on. There really isn't a downside imo. I just installed them on my dads car and am hoping for 122-124 traps.

I ran them and loved them. I went to a bigger injector only because I needed to. I hope these 72s run as well as the 65 Motrons!

GNut said:
Paul..
What are you using to tune the car?? (Chip, MAF Tranlator, etc).

Tom

I just use a chip from Eric at TurboTweak. I still use the original MAF. Paul

I run the 60 motoron injectors on my GN, the car gets great mileage with em and it never idled so good. I run a turbo tweak chip from Eric, great injector with plenty of room for more mods if I choose to do so, no downsides in my opinion.

best injectors i've ever used, i've had stock,36,42.5,50,72# injectors and these by far run the best, with a TT chip of course.

I've had mine sine just a few months after they hit the market and love them. I've have yet to hear anyone disappointed in them.